Pro Chem Anavar is an older drug manufacturer that once produced Anavar, a popular anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS) used by bodybuilders and athletes.
Pharmaceutical manufacturers around the world produce synthetic or laboratory create anabolic androgenic steroids and some last longer than others.
When looking for the best in any brand, you’ve got to do your homework.
Researching the history of Anavar Pro Chem (often written as Prochem) AAS steroids, be aware that you may have a bit of trouble finding information about the actual company on the Internet. Click here to visit our recommended supplier.
Pro Chem Labs is known as an underground lab (UL/UGL) that manufactures prescription-strength Anavar for sale without a prescription.
The brand is a young one, with a history of about 10 years.
Founded in 2003, the underground “company” even had a home on Facebook until the summer of 2015.
Pro Chem Labs (Pro.Chem.Laboratories) marketed a number of products that were sold through Andro-Genix/Androgenix Labs, another popular underground lab based in the UK, among other distributors.
Some of their products:
- Tri-Tren 150
- Winstrol (stanozolol) – 10 mg and 50 mg tablets
- Dianabol (methandrostenolone) -10 mg tablets
- Oxybol (oxymetholone) – 50 mg tablets
- Equitest 400 (Equipoise/testosterone blend)
Pro Chem Anavar products were, and can sometimes still be found in:
- 10 mg (100 tablets)
- 50 mg (60 tablets)
Pro Chem Anavar is a synthetic anabolic-androgenic steroid derived from dihydrotestosterone or DHT, a metabolite of testosterone.
As a versatile steroid, it’s not only used for muscle mass and strength gains, but for its purported ability to increase the synthesis and secretions of growth hormone.
Bodybuilders tend to favor Anavar during cutting or dieting phases or in sports where speed and power are important.
One of its most popular characteristics is that it encourages lean muscle mass gains without adding weight gain or promoting water retention common with other anabolic androgenic steroids.
Anavar, known generically as oxandrolone, is rated as a relatively strong anabolic androgenic steroid, although with low androgenic properties.
Underground labs like Pro Chem sell Anavar in 2.5 mg strength and up.
Even though the androgenic properties of Anavar are considered low, and manufacturers claim that the drug doesn’t promote estrogenic or protestation or activity, it’s always important to pay attention to how the body reacts before upping the dose.
In the early days of use (the 1960s through the 1980s), Anavar/oxandrolone was often recommended for the treatment of muscle wasting illnesses or disease processes.
Because of its ability to promote the growth of lean tissue/muscle mass, it was often administered following a long-term illness, infection, severe trauma, or extensive surgery.
By 1990 however, oxandrolone had generally fallen out of favor.
As with many formerly popular anabolic androgenic steroids, the resurgence of development and manufacture of Pro Chem Anavar typically involved underground labs under a number of brand names, nicknames, chemical names, and of course, generic names.
Today, Anavar oral tablets are generally available in:
- 2.5 mg
- 5 mg
- 10 mg
Though defined as a steroid that does not trigger estrogenic or progestational activities, they are possible.
Whether discussing Pro Chem Anavar or generic Oxandrolone manufactured by other underground labs, side effects and adverse reactions are always possible.
Some of the signs of androgenic side effects include but are not limited to:
- Male pattern baldness – not always linked to those with a predisposition
- Potential liver damage (in cases of high dose, long-term use) – for this reason, bodybuilders do not recommend that athletes take Anavar/oxandrolone longer than eight weeks to reduce the risk of liver toxicity.
- Ability to alter lipid (low-density lipoprotein/LDL cholesterol) levels, which can increase the risk of atherosclerosis, which in turn can increase the risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Suppression of naturally produced (endogenous) testosterone. This can contribute to shrinkage of the testicles, more commonly known as testicular atrophy.
- When it comes to Anavar, whether it’s Pro Chem Anavar or any other brand, be aware that dosage recommendations offered by that manufacturer or even provided on bodybuilding websites can be quite high for some users, especially beginners.
- In the days when Anavar/oxandrolone was recommended for medical treatments, the average dosage ranged from 2.5 mg to 10 mg daily. In most cases, 5 to 10 mg was considered effective for most.
- Bodybuilders today can take anywhere from 15 mg to 25 mg daily, which may not seem excessive, but can be when stacked or combined with other substances for accelerated and more impressive results.
- Anavar is often stacked with testosterone (any ester such as enanthate, cypionate, and propionate) ranging from 200 mg to 400 mg weekly. This combination produces a relatively rapid and impressive gain in muscle mass.
- When considering Anavar, research the manufacturer. Pro Chem Anavar can still be found, but always be aware of counterfeit products that claim to be effective and genuine when they’re anything but.
- Demling RH. Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, enhances the healing of a cutaneous wound in the rat. Wound Repair Regen. 2000 Mar-Apr.
- Demling RH. Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, significantly increases the rate of weight gain in the recovery phase after major burns. J Trauma. 1997 Jul.
- Wolf SE. Effects of oxandrolone on outcome measures in the severely burned: a multicenter prospective randomized double-blind trial. J Burn Care Res. 2006 Mar-Apr.
- Guillory AN. Oxandrolone Coadministration Does Not Alter Plasma Propranolol Concentrations in Severely Burned Pediatric Patients. J Burn Care Res. 2017 Feb 23. doi: 10.1097/BCR.0000000000000494. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mendenhall CL. Short-term and long-term survival in patients with alcoholic hepatitis treated with oxandrolone and prednisolone. N Engl J Med. 1984 Dec 6.
- Joss EE. Oxandrolone in constitutionally delayed growth, a longitudinal study up to final height. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1989 Dec.
- Buyukgebiz A. Oxandrolone therapy in skeletal dysplasia. Turk J Pediatr. 1993 Jul-Sep.