Anabolic-androgenic AAS steroids are synthetic variations of the naturally produced male sex hormone known as testosterone.
What does AAS in bodybuilding stand for?
It stands for anabolic-androgenic steroids.
The word ‘anabolic’ refers to the ability of these drugs to build muscle.
‘Androgenic’ refers to their ability to promote the development of male primary and secondary sexual characteristics.
AAS steroids are most commonly used by bodybuilders and athletes to improve physique, athletic performance, and strength. More and more people amateur bodybuilders are taking steroids like Dianabol, Trenbolone, and Testosterone to meet their goals in the gym.
While anabolic steroids do promote muscle growth and gains in strength, they also come with significant risks that need to be considered before starting yours.
- 1 AAS Steroids
- 2 AAS Steroids List
- 3 The Best Steroids AAS
- 4 AAS Steroids For Bodybuilding
- 5 What are the effects of anabolic-androgenic steroid use?
- 6 Are anabolic steroids legal?
- 7 Clomid
- 8 Testosterone AAS
- 9 AAS Steroids Side Effects
- 10 Are anabolic steroids safe to use?
- 11 AAS Steroids For Sale
- 12 References
- 14 Jonathan Deventer
AAS Steroids or HGH may be prescribed for a large number of different medical conditions.
But they are much better known for their widespread and largely illegal use by athletes and bodybuilders for the purpose of performance enhancement.
The following is a comprehensive list of all of the major androgenic anabolic steroids commonly used as performance enhancement drugs.
This list excludes variants, knockoffs, mixtures, and street names.
AAS Steroids List
- Anadrol Oxymetholone
- Oxandrolone Anavar
- Deca Durabolin
- Human Growth Hormone
- Trenbolone Enanthate
- Testosterone Suspension
- Testosterone Enanthate
- Winstrol Stanozolol
The Best Steroids AAS
The best steroids for performance enhancement are the ones that get the best results while imposing the lowest toxicity levels and incurring the least amount of unwanted side effects.
AAS Steroids with the highest and the lowest toxicity levels are pretty cut and dry. Testosterone and its derivatives have the lowest toxicity.
The ones with the highest toxicity are in all probability either Winstrol or Deca-Durabolin and similar substances.
These two, Deca and Winstrol, however- are the best for putting on large amounts of muscle more or less as quickly as the human body can physiologically support.
So, there is a trade-off. For those in whom these drugs are well tolerated, drugs like Winstrol and Deca-Durabolin are without a doubt the best AAS in existence.
All of this changes; however if a person’s athletic goals are different. If you’re looking for a cutting steroid, then Clenbuterol, or something similar, is probably the best AAS.
Overall, in order to determine the best anabolic androgenic steroid, AAS users must consider several factors:
- What are the user’s fitness goals?
- How well tolerated is the drug?
- What type of training cycle is the user going into?
AAS Steroids For Bodybuilding
While anabolic androgenic steroids are used widely in just about every professional sport all around the world, where they are most prevalent is the world of professional competitive bodybuilding.
These types of athletes use a much greater variety of steroids than any other group.
They are much more likely to combine or ‘stack’ them, and they use far greater amounts than just about any other kind of athlete.
While the bodybuilding community tends to use certain kinds of steroids more than others, you will find everything on our list above in its place within bodybuilding circles.
What are the effects of anabolic-androgenic steroid use?
Non-medical use of steroids can drive muscle mass growth, strength, lean physique enhancement, and athletic performance.
Anabolic steroids can also limit the number of cells that develop into fat-storing cells through a process called cellular differentiation. This efficiently moderates weight while optimizing the possibility of muscle mass.
Steroids (oral, topical, injection) may also bring with their adverse effects. These can range from pesky to life-threatening.
Are anabolic steroids legal?
Most countries, including the U.S., Canada, and the U.K., have laws against the non-prescription use of steroids.
Since medical professionals do not prescribe steroids unless there is a legitimate medical reason, steroids are illegal for all effects and purposes when it comes to bodybuilding.
Getting your hands on these drugs may prove a challenge as underground online suppliers may sell them to you but you will still have to overcome the obstacle of customs.
At any rate, you need to do your homework and look up the laws governing the sale and use of steroids in your home country.
More than likely, you will be able to find government resources that will let you know the legalities of substances like steroids.
Clomid can be a tremendously helpful substance to athletes interested in performance enhancement; although this was not its intended purpose.
Since its release, Clomid has become much more commonly used in athletic performance enhancement circles.
It was originally designed for ovarian stimulation for women who suffered from infertility problems.
It can also be beneficial to males suffering from low levels of testosterone.
Without a doubt, the primary properties of this AAS revolve around its tendency to boost testosterone levels.
It is for this reason that the effects of Clomid also serve athletes during a cycle of anabolic steroids.
Testosterone is without a doubt, the centerpiece in the world of performance-enhancing drugs and AAS steroids.
It is the closest thing to the body’s natural human growth hormone, and it is, therefore, the most effective and the least toxic.
For clarity- that is not to say that testosterone AAS is the most effective period or the least toxic period. It has the best combination of both.
There are steroids that are less toxic, and there are steroids that are more effective. But testosterone has the best-combined levels of each of these factors.
There are good reasons why this supplement is so popular, and it is, therefore, worth going into detail about.
Testosterone AAS is a 19-carbon type of steroid hormone produced primarily within the male’s testes and within the female’s ovaries.
The adrenal glands produce smaller amounts in both sexes. When used for performance enhancement, testosterone belongs to the androgen class of HGH.
AAS Steroids Side Effects
The many considerable side effects of AAS steroids is a major concern for anyone who wishes to use them. These drugs have a reputation for being dangerous that is not entirely undeserved.
Are anabolic steroids safe to use?
While most dangerous due to their ability to damage and cause cancer in the liver, there is a wide range of other side effects that steroids are known to cause.
While some of these side effects are not permanent, and some are not dangerous, they should be viewed as warning signs that dangerous side effects may well be on the way.
Some of the less dangerous side effects include but are not limited to:
- Androgenic alterations
- Lowered/altered testosterone production
- Mood swings
- Tren Cough (only occurs with Trenbolone)
The more dangerous and often irreversible side effects of these drugs include but are not limited to;
- Liver damage & cancer of the liver
- Heart damage
- Kidney damage & kidney failure
- Lowered good cholesterol & raised bad cholesterol
Other dangerous health effects have to do with improper usage, sharing needles or using contaminated or impure substances.
These dangers are exacerbated by the prohibitions against these drugs, which drive athletes who are desperate to remain competitive to seek disreputable vendors in their search for AAS Steroids.
AAS Steroids For Sale
For the reasons just mentioned above, it is extremely important that anyone seeking to purchase these drugs take every precaution to ensure they are getting a pharmaceutical-grade product from a reputable vendor.
There are many high-quality sources for AAS Steroids available online. Many of these use special precautions designed to protect both themselves and their customers.
One such feature is the product authentication feature made available by Alpha Pharma.
Another way vendors protect their clients is by offering robust forums and expert advice.
- Christakopoulos A et al . [Anabolic androgenic steroids are more common in society than in sports]. Lakartidningen. 2013 Sep 25-Oct 8;110(39-40):1732-4. Review. Swedish. No abstract available.
- Birzniece V. Doping in sport: effects, harm and misconceptions. Intern Med J. 2015 Mar;45(3):239-48. doi: 10.1111/imj.12629. Review.
- Pereira HM et al . Tetrahydrogestrinone analysis and designer steroids revisited. Bioanalysis. 2009 Nov;1(8):1475-89. doi: 10.4155/bio.09.136.
- Angell P et al . Anabolic steroids and cardiovascular risk. Sports Med. 2012 Feb 1;42(2):119-34. doi: 10.2165/11598060-000000000-00000. Review.
- Suzuki H et al . [Synthesized androgens]. Nihon Rinsho. 2008 Jan;66(1):99-103. Review. Japanese.
- Calabrese LH et al . The effects of anabolic steroids and strength training on the human immune response. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1989 Aug;21(4):386-92. Review.
- McBride JA et al . Recovery of spermatogenesis following testosterone replacement therapy or anabolic-androgenic steroid use. Asian J Androl. 2016 May-Jun;18(3):373-80. doi: 10.4103/1008-682X.173938. Review.
- Frati P et al . Smart drugs and synthetic androgens for cognitive and physical enhancement: revolving doors of cosmetic neurology. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2015 Jan;13(1):5-11. doi: 10.2174/1570159X13666141210221750. Review.
- Achar S et al . Cardiac and metabolic effects of anabolic-androgenic steroid abuse on lipids, blood pressure, left ventricular dimensions, and rhythm. Am J Cardiol. 2010 Sep 15;106(6):893-901. doi: 10.1016/j.amjcard.2010.05.013. Review.
- Alexandre C et al . [Androgens and bone metabolism]. Prog Urol. 2004 Nov;14(5):719-29. Review. French. No abstract available.
- Joseph JF et al . Synthetic androgens as designer supplements. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2015 Jan;13(1):89-100. doi: 10.2174/1570159X13666141210224756. Review.