Clen is a multipurpose drug that works by activating the body’s adrenergic response. Officially, Clen was originally developed for treating different medical conditions such as asthma.
It is a beta-receptor and bronchodilator that acts as a stimulant and opens the airways making it much easier for asthma sufferers to breathe and remain calm.
It also has anti-catabolic and thermogenic properties that are beneficial to bodybuilders and people who are trying to lose weight.
Dominantly, bodybuilding and athletic communities see Clen as an agent to help lose fat. Buy Clenbutrol online here.
Clen Dosage Cycle
- 1 Clen Dosage Cycle
- 2 Clen Dosage Cycle Chart
- 3 Clen Dosage Cycle Chart for Men
- 4 Clen Dosage Cycle Chart For Women
- 5 Clen Dosage Cycle Instructions
- 6 How To Use Two Week Clen Cycle
- 7 Why Use Clen HCL?
- 8 Adverse Clenbuterol Side Effects
- 9 Effects of Clen on sperm count
- 10 Clen Dosage Cycle Results
- 11 Is Clenbuterol Legal to Buy?
- 12 Why is Clenbuterol banned?
- 13 Who Has Used Best Clen Dosage Cycle?
- 14 References
Depending on what Clen is being used for, the dosage will vary.
For medical conditions such as asthma, Clen was administered in doses of 20-40 mcg daily as per the existing guidelines of Clen prescription.
Though Clen is no longer prescribed to patients in the US, this gives you an idea of the medically prescribed limits of Clen administration.
This may not relate to the dosage that would be required for fat loss since a lot of physique builders exceed medically recommended dosages of performance-enhancing drugs.
Clen has sympathomimetic properties and, as a result, if high doses are administered at too rapid a pace, or are increased rapidly, it might lead to a high level of discomfort and on some occasions might also lead to death.
Hence, bodybuilders strongly recommend that the dosage be increased gradually over a period of time until it reaches the required level of dosage.
The way in which a body adapts to Clen can vary based on the individual. The typical dosage of Clen is 20 mcg tablets, and in some cases, you will also be able to find tablets with 40 mcg, 50 mcg, and up to 100 mcg.
Assuming that the peak dose is 120 mcg a day, listed below is a common daily dosage for male bodybuilders:
- Day 1-3: 40 mcg/day
- Day 3-6: 60 mcg/day
- Day 6-9: 80 mcg/day
- Day 9-12: 100 mcg/day
- Day 12+: 120 mcg/day
Clen dosage cycles for men and women normally vary due to the differences in their metabolism, Body Mass Index, and overall level of activity.
The dosage given will also be determined by what it is to be used for.
Because of the nature of the drug, beginning with a smaller dose and building up the body’s tolerance until it reaches a maintenance level is standard practice.
Liquid Clen dosage cycle – Liquid Clen is available for individuals who have difficulty swallowing pills.
The dosage for the liquid drug is similar to pills and should be followed according to the manufacturer’s direction.
Just as every use requires a specific amount of the drug to be used in a particular way, the physical health of the person who is taking the medication will also need to be taken into consideration to ensure the proper dosage is given.
Because Clen hydrochloride is considered to be such a powerful stimulant, monitoring by a physician is important to prevent dangerous situations and control adverse side effects and reactions.
Clen Dosage Cycle Chart
The way in which a body adapts to Clen can vary based on the individual.
The typical dosage of Clen is 20 mcg tablets, and in some cases, you will also be able to find tablets with 40 mcg, 50 mcg, and up to 100 mcg.
For practical purposes, 20 mcg can be considered a standard dosage.
But to achieve a high rate of fat burn individuals often incorporate dosages of 120 mcg-160 mcg per day.
However, physique builders recommend the dosage is not started immediately so high. Instead, the dominant recommendation is to increase dosage at a gradual pace.
This is a safety precaution that is promoted to ensure that there is no adverse impact on the body.
Starting from 20 mcg a day, it is believed to be safe in bodybuilding circles to increase the dosage by 20 mcg every other day, as the body adapts.
In case individuals have a lower sensitivity to Clen, some claim they can increase the dosage at a faster pace and there will not be any impact on the body.
In some cases, individuals also have hypersensitivity to Clen and other related stimulants. In such cases, it is felt that the dosage is increased at a slow pace.
Irrespective of the rate at which the pace is increased, the end goal for many users is to have a daily dosage of 120-160 mcg per day to achieve fat loss, based on the tolerance and sensitivity of the individual to Clen and stimulants.
The limit identified by many bodybuilders is 160 mcg per day.
The max dosage for men and women is as follows:
- Dosage for men: 160 mcg per day
- Dosage for women: 100 mcg per day
- Dosage for weight loss: 100 mcg – 140 mcg per day according to need
It is believed that exceeding this amount in any case as it poses a health risk. Over a period of time, the human body is reported to get adapted to the stimulant effects of the compound.
Clen Dosage Cycle Chart for Men
After day 12, 120 mcg/day is often maintained for a period of 2-4 weeks.
Users are said to observe fat burning periods typically for 4-6 weeks before the Beta-2 receptor down regulations start.
It can take 2-3 weeks to surface in some individuals based on factors like genetics and age.
When the receptor levels fall, consumption of Clen is typically stopped for a span of at least 2 weeks so that the Beta-2 receptors regulate again before drug consumption resumes.
Another commonly used option to do the same is by using Ketotifen Fumarate, an antihistamine drug that is proven as per studies to regulate Beta-2 receptors.
Ketotifen is believed to be advantageous as it is taken to allow an individual to continue using Clen without having to take a break, while still regulating the Beta 2 receptors.
When individuals cannot afford to take breaks, this is often held to be the most feasible solution. Reportedly, Clen can be taken at 120mcg/daily following the above dosage schedule for 8 weeks if the individual uses Ketotifen every second week.
However, the usage of Clen is generally not used for a period of over 8 weeks as it has known side effects on the body.
Clen Dosage Cycle Chart For Women
Similar to how individuals increase the dosage of Clen over a period of time, it is suggested in underground communities of PED users that people scale down in a similar manner.
This approach is incorporated into this dosage schedule for females.
This is felt to be a personal choice and some individuals are reported to have gotten off Clen immediately without any side effects or adverse impact. Other individuals claim they will crash due to sudden stoppage.
It is up to individuals to decide on how they wish to stop using Clen.
The ideal is considered to be a gradual decrease in dosage over a period of time, just like how the dosage is ramped up when users start using Clen.
This way, it is said, apparent crashes claimed by many users can be avoided.
The response to Clen can largely be the same in both men and women.
However, the body weight and mass tend to influence the dosage, often resulting in a division based on the gender as females are mainly of lower weight, body mass, and overall size when compared to men. They are believed to be more sensitive to Clen.
The gradual increase in dosage can be the same for both men and women and in the case of women, the peak recommended dosage is dominantly held to be between 80 mcg to 100 mcg daily.
There are reports that indicate women are tolerant to up to 120 mcg dosage daily, which is a sizeable dosage. There are no formal recommended dosages of Clen for fitness or bodybuilding, as there isn’t robust data on this application.
Anecdotally, bodybuilders typically say it varies based on the sensitivity of individuals to the stimulants.
The genetics of an individual, age, and other conditions are also said to play a major role in determining how the body reacts to Clen and other stimulants that are present.
Fitness enthusiasts will say it is ideal for individuals to slowly increase the dosage over a period of time until they figure out the optimal dosage and their tolerance, based on the observed effects of Clen with increasing dosage.
Clen Dosage Cycle Instructions
Clen is used primarily to burn fat, and it is understood that there is little that can be changed about the range of dosages users can take.
Typically, people who choose to use Clen do so because they believe it has a powerful fat-burning capability that can help give them the edge on their journey to a lean, ripped physique.
Consequently, Clen is seldom used when athletes are in their bulking up phase, though there are reported exceptions.
The idea behind using Clen during the bulking up phase is to leverage the purported fat loss properties of Clen to help manage the fat gain when individuals are engaging in a high-calorie intake.
This is not a common practice. Clen is predominantly used when individuals want to cut down or are leaning out, as the body goes to a hypocaloric state while cutting fat.
This is felt to lead to improved metabolism and quicker fat burning. In such cases, Clen is hailed as a highly effective way to melt fat fast.
When it is used during the bulking up phases, the results are generally considered to be disappointing and negligible.
The standard dosages of Clen are measured in mcg, or micrograms, rather than the typically used milligram or mg, which is the case for other performance-enhancing drugs.
The difference in dosage and measurement in the case of Clen is thought to be very important in terms of safety and results. When users are not aware of the change in measurement, there is a chance that they might mistake it for mg and it could lead to dangerous results.
Every person who uses Clen will require a specific amount that is determined by their level of need based on their physical makeup.
Men and women function differently metabolically and will need varying amounts according to how active they are or how severe their upper respiratory condition is at the time.
Clen is designed to be used in cycles. Small dosages are given at first and gradually increased until a specific, maintenance amount is reached.
Once maintenance is achieved, it will remain in place until the doctor believes the client’s goals have been accomplished.
After the main portion of the treatment plan is completed, the person’s dosage will be gradually decreased until the drug can be safely stopped without any unwarranted or undesired side effects.
As long as the Clen only cycle is properly observed, the person using the drug should be able to receive the maximum benefits from the drug without any adverse effects.
Some cycles involve using a 2-week on/2-week off cycle. It is important to remember that exceeding 200 mcg can be harmful to your physical health.
Also, while taking this product on its own may be effective for some people, it is most commonly used in a stack.
Some examples of ingredients that you could combine with your dosage include Growth hormone-releasing peptide 6 (GHRP-6), Ketotifen, the steroid Masteron, Primobolan, and SARMS-like Andarine or Cardarine, Omnadren, Sustanon, Nolvadex or Clomid.
You should always take Clen on an empty stomach early in the day and drink a large amount of water with it. Because it can use up the potassium and taurine in the blood, if you feel cramps you should use it with these supplements.
Doses will remain active in your body for up to 24 hours after taking it, which makes this one of the most potent fat loss agents available. This is why you should not take multiple dosages in a 24-hour period.
How To Use Two Week Clen Cycle
This cycle starts at a low dose and you increase the dosage every day for two weeks.
Week 1Week 2Day 1: 20 mcgDay 8: 120 mcgDay 2: 40 mcgDay 9: 100 mcgDay 3: 60 mcgDay 10: 80 mcgDay 4: 80 mcgDay 11: 60 mcgDay 5: 100 mcgDay 12: 40 mcgDay 6: 120 mcgDay 13: 20 mcgDay 7: 140 mcgDay 14: 20 mcg
Remember that Clen HCL will be most effective when used in a stack with other complementary fat-burning substances or ingredients.
Some popular stacks with “Bute” include HGH, Yohimbine, Testosterone, Cytomel T3, and Ketotifen. In particular, Ketotifen inhibits one of the mechanisms that causes many people to develop a tolerance to Clen.
Sometimes bodybuilders stack Taurine and Potassium together with the Clen dosage cycle to offset some of the side effects.
PCTs with drugs like Nolvadex and Tamoxifen are usually not necessary with Clenbuterol.
Why Use Clen HCL?
People who use dosages of Clen for bronchodilator properties do so because it increases the aerobic capacity and acts as a stimulant.
It opens the airways and bronchial tubes in the lungs allowing more oxygen to be utilized and relieving inflammation that prevents a person from breathing normally.
The normal dosage for patients using Clen to control upper respiratory and asthma disorders is 40 mcg per day.
While this can be adjusted as needed, most doctors revert to this as being the standard measure for the medication.
Adverse Clenbuterol Side Effects
Cardiac hypertrophy is possible in people who overuse Clen dosage cycle.
Cardiac hypertrophy is characterized by enlarged ventricles and excessive amounts of stress on the heart.
During hypertrophy, the heart is under extreme pressure to function at a level that is much higher than normal.
Clen dosage cycle can cause several different side effects.
They will range in degree of severity depending on the amount of medication that is being taken. A few of the side effects include:
- Elevated blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Excessive sweating
- High anxiety or “the jitters”
- Muscle cramps
- Increased appetites
The longer a person uses any drug, the higher the risk of side effects. Overdoses of Clen dosage cycle need to be prevented to avoid serious health dangerous and negative consequences.
It is important to notify your physician and trainer of all side effects you may experience when using any drug or medication.
Although some side effects are manageable, others may be severe enough that the drug should be discontinued indefinitely. It is important to follow the doctor’s instructions.
Taking amounts that are higher than normal can lead to significant health problems that can lead to conditions like cardiac hypertrophy, palpitations, or irregular heartbeat.
Effects of Clen on sperm count
Abuse of the Clen dosage cycle can cause infertility in men. Sexual dysfunction and a reduction of sperm count are also possible if Clenbuterol is abused or is of a low grade.
When Clenbuterol HCL is administered in the blood it reaches the beta-2 receptors in the blood and reacts with them; causing an increase in the metabolic rate of the anatomy.
As such, the temperature of the body also rises, which may kill sperm cells and lower sperm count.
However, there is no conclusive, empirical data that has linked Clenbuterol use to lowered sperm count, although side effects such as a yellowish tinge of ejaculatory fluid have been reported by some bodybuilders.
Women are more vulnerable to alterations in their hormonal makeup, which can be affected by accelerating their metabolism.
Also, people with very high BMIs of greater than 35 (clinically obese), should not use this drug as it may cause unsafe changes to heart function.
While there can be benefits to taking Clenbuterol pills, it is important that clen dosage cycled safely to ensure a positive outcome for the user.
Clen Dosage Cycle Results
Clen dosage cycles are proven to open bronchial airways and improve breathing when a person is experiencing an asthma attack or other upper respiratory condition.
Its ability to dilate airways and increase the amount of oxygen taken in by the lungs reduces stress and enables the person to breathe much easier.
Clen has also shown benefits as a weight-loss supplement, causing a breakdown of adipose tissue particularly in the mid-section of the body.
It works as both a thermogenic and anti-catabolic helping the body burn extra calories and increase the amount of oxygen used by the muscles during exercise.
When more oxygen is used, fat and calories are burned at a much faster, more efficient rate. This results in a more sustained level of weight loss. As long as the Clen is being used, the weight loss will continue.
When the desired weight is achieved, the Clen dosage cycle will be ceased and the person will begin to maintain their weight loss and keep the weight off.
According to the cycle, the Clen dosage cycle will gradually be reduced, allowing the body to become accustomed to maintaining a specific weight without the need for the drug.
Is Clenbuterol Legal to Buy?
There are many in the US who mistakenly believe that Clenbuterol is illegal to buy. In fact, this drug is not a controlled substance currently in the United States.
In this way, Clen dosage cycle is different from other anabolic steroids such as Dianabol, Deca Durabolin, or Anavar. This means that possession of the drug is not illegal and you cannot be prosecuted for buying it
However, it has been banned by the FDA in drugs and supplements intended for human use. That means there are few legitimate ways to get your hands on it, and you’ll be forced to look to the black market and underground labs to buy it.
Foreign manufacturers in Thailand and other countries have cropped up to meet the demand, but the ever-present danger is fake low-quality products.
Why is Clenbuterol banned?
Clenbuterol is banned because of health concerns and consumer safety.
The only legitimate and legal reason to purchase Clen is for veterinarians to treat asthma and other breathing problems in cows and other livestock, but even this is not legal in the US anymore.
These types of Clenbuterol products are not safe for humans. They are not made to pharmaceutical grade standards and oftentimes contain dosages that are significantly higher than a typical 20 mcg pill would contain.
For this reason, even though it is technically legal to buy Clenbuterol online in the USA, most users will not be able to purchase it in pill or tablet form.
However, there are Clenbuterol supplements (do not contain the drug) such as Clenbutrol that are legal or Clenadrol X, which are safe alternatives for bodybuilders to use in their cutting cycles.
In some countries, this product may be available as an over-the-counter asthma remedy, while in others – such as China and Russia – it requires a prescription to purchase it legitimately.
It is important to determine the legal status of this product before you decide to purchase it online or have it shipped to where you live from another country. Clen Dosage Cycles laws in Asia and the Middle East will differ markedly from the USA, for example.
Some of the most common brands of Clenbuterol HCL include:
- Mucosolvan Compositum
- Sekretovit Ex
- Clenox Malay Tiger
- Brogal Compositum
- Clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets
- Ciccone Clenbuterol HCL 40 mcg
Less common brands of Clenbuterol tablets include:
- Ambromuco Compositum
- Clenotabs by Phoenix Pharmachem
- Clen Max 40mcg
- Spiropent Mite
- British Dragon
- British Dispensary
- Broxofar Compuesto
- Mucosolvon Compositum
- Genitec Pharm Clenbuterol
- Venti Plus
- Septacin Ex
- Thaiger Pharma Airclen
There are also hybrid blend products on the market, such as Icyplex which combines bark extract from the Yohimbe tree with Clen cycle.
Ambroxol Clenbuterol combines Clen with another drug that aids in the secretion of mucus from the lungs.
Who Has Used Best Clen Dosage Cycle?
There have been a number of high-profile stories in the news of celebrities and professional athletes abusing and taking advantage of the Clenbuterol benefits for fat loss.
Because it is a sympathomimetic amine, it can have significant enhancement effects on athletic performance abilities.
For this reason, it has been banned by a number of sports and athletics organizations including the IOC, WADA, NCAA, the NHL, the IOC, the MLB, and the AFL.
Clen Dosage Cycles has been used by New York Mets pitcher Guillermo Mota, American swimmer Jessica Hardy, Spanish cyclist Alberto Contador, Toronto Maple Leaf’s hockey player Carter Ashton and many more.
Recently, two players in the Australian Football League that play for Collingwood were found to have used this drug and they are currently awaiting a ruling.
Previously, the Mexican football team was found to have tested positive for the drug. They claimed that this was due to unintentionally eating meat that had been contaminated by the ingredient.
Celebrities also Clenbuterol pills for weight loss cycles, and they can be taken by men or women.
But the bottom line is that due to the risk of potential consequences to your health, it is recommended only to use this belly fat burner if you have a legitimate prescription for it and are using it according to your doctor’s recommendations.
Clenbuterol has a half-life of 36-48 hours and peak plasma concentrations are achieved 2-4 hours after dosing.
It is the key ingredient in other products like Clenbuterol.
It’s commonly misspelled on the internet as Klen 60, Clenbunal, Clean Petrol, Clean Patrol, Cleanbuterol, Clembuterol HCL, Clenbutorol, Clenbutanol, Clenbuteral, Klenbuterol, Clebuterol, Clenbuter, Clenbut, Clenbetrol, Klen buterol, and Cleanbutrol.
If you want the best clen dosage cycle, there are safe, legal supplement formulations that you can buy instead to give you the same effective results for your cutting cycle. Regardless of what you take to help you lose weight, you need to be on a low-calorie diet to see results. Some say a low-fat diet, while others claim you should limit carbs.
- FCKFAT.com. Clen Dosage Cycles, Side Effects, and Results FCK FAT. 2015 June.
- Chance WT et al. clen dosage cycle decreases catabolism and increases hypermetabolism in burned rats. J Trauma. 1991 Mar;31(3):365-70.
- Reeds PJ, Hay SM, Dorwood PM, Palmer RM. Stimulation of muscle growth by clenbuterol: lack of effect on muscle protein biosynthesis. Br J Nutr. 1986 Jul;56(1):249-58.
- McElligott MA, Mulder JE, Chaung LY, Barreto A Jr., et al. Clen Dosage Cycles-induced muscle growth: investigation of possible mediation by insulin. Am J Physiol. 1987 Oct;253(4 Pt 1):E370-5.
- McMillan DN, Noble BS, Maltin CA. et al. The effect of the beta-adrenergic agonist clenbuterol on growth and protein metabolism in rat muscle cell cultures. J Anim Sci. 1992 Oct;70(10):3014-23.
- Parr MK et al. Clen Dosage Cycles marketed as dietary supplement. Biomed Chromatogr. 2008 Mar;22(3):298-300.
- Hulot F1, Ouhayoun J, Manoucheri M. Effect of Clen Dosage Cycles on productive performance, body composition and muscle biochemistry in the rabbit. Meat Sci. 1996 Apr;42(4):457-64.
- Berge P1, Culioli J, Ouali A, Parat MF. Performance, muscle composition and meat texture in veal calves administered a ?-agonist (Clen Dosage Cycle). Meat Sci. 1993;33(2):191-206. doi: 10.1016/0309-1740(93)90059-Q.
- Petrou M et al. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9950671 Circulation. 1999 Feb 9;99(5):713-20.
- Chance WT et al. Clenbuterol treatment increases muscle mass and protein content of tumor-bearing rats maintained on total parenteral nutrition. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1991 Sep-Oct;15(5):530-5.
- Delay MI1, Maltin CA. Clen Dosage Cycles increases the expression of myogenin but not myoD in immobilized rat muscles. Am J Physiol. 1997 May;272(5 Pt 1):E941-4.
- Fitton AR1, Berry MS, McGregor AD. Preservation of denervated muscle form and function by Clen Dosage Cycles in a rat model of peripheral nerve injury. J Hand Surg Br. 2001 Aug;26(4):335-46.
- Apseloff G et al. Aminohydroxybutane bisphosphonate and clenbuterol prevent bone changes and retard muscle atrophy respectively in tail-suspended rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1993 Mar;264(3):1071-8.
- Agbenyega ET, Wareham AC. Effect of clenbuterol on skeletal muscle atrophy in mice induced by the glucocorticoid dexamethasone. Comp Biochem Physiol Comp Physiol. 1992 May;102(1):141-5.
- Choo JJ et al. Effects of the beta 2-adrenoceptor agonist, clenbuterol, on muscle atrophy due to food deprivation in the rat. Metabolism. 1990 Jun;39(6):647-50.
- Bardocz S et al. Effect of the beta-adrenoceptor agonist Clen Dosage Cycle and phytohaemagglutinin on growth, protein synthesis and polyamine metabolism of tissues of the rat. Br J Pharmacol. 1992 Jun;106(2):476-82.
- Petrou M et al. Clen Dosage Cycle induces hypertrophy of the latissimus dorsi muscle and heart in the rat with molecular and phenotypic changes. Circulation. 1995 Nov 1;92(9 Suppl):II483-9.
- Chen KD, Alway SE. et al. Clen Dosage Cycles reduce soleus muscle fatigue during disuse in aged rats. Muscle Nerve. 2001 Feb;24(2):211-22.
- Carter WJ, Lynch ME. et al. Effect of Clen Dosage Cycle for men on recovery of muscle mass and carcass protein content following dietary protein depletion in young and old rats. J Gerontol. 1994 Jul;49(4):B162-8.
- Sillence MN et al. Growth, nitrogen metabolism, and cardiac responses to clenbuterol and ketoclenbuterol in rats and underfed cattle. J Anim Sci. 1993 Nov;71(11):2942-51.
- Sillence MN et al. Manipulation of growth in pigs through treatment of the neonate with clenbuterol and somatotropin. J Anim Sci. 2002 Jul;80(7):1852-62.
- Choo JJ et al. Muscle wasting associated with endotoxemia in the rat: modification by the beta 2-adrenoceptor agonist clenbuterol. Biosci Rep. 1989 Oct;9(5):615-21.
- Carter WJ et al. Effects of clenbuterol on skeletal muscle mass, body composition, and recovery from surgical stress in senescent rats. Metabolism. 1991 Aug;40(8):855-60.
- Dodd SL, Koesterer TJ. Clenbuterol attenuates muscle atrophy and dysfunction in hindlimb-suspended rats. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2002 Jul;73(7):635-9.
- Zeman RJ et al. Clenbuterol, a beta 2-receptor agonist, reduces net bone loss in denervated hindlimbs. Am J Physiol. 1991 Aug;261(2 Pt 1):E285-9.
- Chen KD, Alway SE. et al. A physiological level of clenbuterol does not prevent atrophy or loss of force in skeletal muscle of old rats. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2000 Aug;89(2):606-12.
- Hyltander A, Svaninger G, Lundholm K. et al. The effect of Clen Dosage Cycles on body composition in spontaneously eating tumour-bearing mice. Biosci Rep. 1993 Dec;13(6):325-31.
- Ung RV, Rouleau P, Guertin PA. et al. Effects of co-administration of clenbuterol and testosterone propionate on skeletal muscle in paraplegic mice. J Neurotrauma. 2010 Jun;27(6):1129-42. doi: 10.1089/neu.2009.1211.
- Lang G, Dernoncourt V, Bisson JF. Negative effect of clenbuterol on physical capacities and neuromuscular control of muscle atrophy in adult rats. Muscle Nerve. 2014 Apr 28. doi: 10.1002/mus.24273.
- Read JR1 et al. Effect of prolonged administration of Clen Dosage Cycles on airway reactivity and sweating in horses with inflammatory airway disease. Am J Vet Res. 2012 Jan;73(1):140-5. doi: 10.2460/ajvr.73.1.140.
- Hoshino D et al. Clen Dosage Cycle, a ?2-adrenergic agonist, reciprocally alters PGC-1 alpha and RIP140 and reduces fatty acid and pyruvate oxidation in rat skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012 Feb 1;302(3):R373-84. doi: 10.1152/ajpregu.00183.2011. Epub 2011 Nov 9.
- Douillard A et al. Calpastatin overexpression in the skeletal muscle of mice prevents Clen Dosage Cycle-induced muscle hypertrophy and phenotypic shift. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2012 Apr;39(4):364-72. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1681.2012.05677.x.
- Yang YT, McElligott MA. et al. Multiple actions of beta-adrenergic agonists on skeletal muscle and adipose tissue. Biochem J. 1989 Jul 1;261(1):1-10.
- Kuiper HA, et al. Illegal use of beta-adrenergic agonists: European Community. J Anim Sci. 1998 Jan;76(1):195-207.
- Pulce C, et al. Collective human food poisonings by clenbuterol residues in veal liver. Vet Hum Toxicol. 1991 Oct;33(5):480-1.
- Maltin CA, et al. Clen Dosage Cycles a beta-adrenoceptor agonist, increases relative muscle strength in orthopaedic patients. Clin Sci (Lond). 1993 Jun;84(6):651-4.
- Luchowska E, et al. Clenbuterol hydrochloride enhances the production of kynurenic acid in brain cortical slices and glial cultures. Pharmacol Rep. 2008 Jul-Aug;60(4):574-7.
- Kamalakkannan G, et al. Clen Dosage Cycles increases lean muscle mass but not endurance in patients with chronic heart failure. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2008 Apr;27(4):457-61. doi: 10.1016/j.healun.2008.01.013.
- Habedank D, Steeg M, Anker SD. Clen Dosage Cycles impairs muscle quality and is potentially dangerous. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2008 Aug;27(8):934-5. doi: 10.1016/j.healun.2008.05.002. Epub 2008 Jun 25.
- Zhao Z, Yao T, Qin Y, Yang X, Li J, Li J, Gu X. Clenbuterol Distribution and Residues in Goat Tissues After the Repeated Administration of a Growth-Promoting Dose. J Anal Toxicol. 2015 Apr 23. pii: bkv038.
- Culmsee C, et al. Clenbuterol induces growth factor mRNA, activates astrocytes, and protects rat brain tissue against ischemic damage. Eur J Pharmacol. 1999 Aug 20;379(1):33-45.
- Semkova I, et al. Clenbuterol protects mouse cerebral cortex and rat hippocampus from ischemic damage and attenuates glutamate neurotoxicity in cultured hippocampal neurons by induction of NGF. Brain Res. 1996 Apr 22;717(1-2):44-54.
- Kline WO, et al. Rapamycin inhibits the growth and muscle-sparing effects of clenbuterol HCL. J Appl Physiol. 2007 Feb;102(2):740-7. Epub 2006 Oct 26.
- Nolen-Walston RD1, Moore CM, Barr CA, Tomlinson JE, Boston RC, Soma LR. Effect of long-term oral administration of a low Clen Dosage cycle on body fat percentage in working and nonworking adult horses. Am J Vet Res. 2015 May;76(5):460-6. doi: 10.2460/ajvr.76.5.460.
- Li Y, et al. Clen Dosage Cycles for women upregulates histone demethylase JHDM2a via the beta2-adrenoceptor/cAMP/PKA/p-CREB signaling pathway. Cell Signal. 2012 Dec;24(12):2297-306. doi: 10.1016/j.cellsig.2012.07.010. Epub 2012 Jul 20.
- Baker JG. The selectivity of beta-adrenoceptor agonists at human beta1-, beta2- and beta3-adrenoceptors. Br J Pharmacol. 2010 Jul;160(5):1048-61. doi: 10.1111/j.1476-5381.2010.00754.x./li>
- MacLennan PA, Edwards, RH. Effects of Clen Dosage Cycles and propranolol on muscle mass. Evidence that clenbuterol stimulates muscle beta-adrenoceptors to induce hypertrophy. Biochem J. 1989 Dec 1; 264(2): 573–579.
- Jiang GL, et al. Randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled trial of clenbuterol in denervated muscle atrophy. ISRN Pharm. 2011;2011:981254. doi: 10.5402/2011/981254. Epub 2011 Aug 15.
- Cancelliero KM, et al. The effect of Clen Dosage Cycles on rat soleus muscle submitted to joint immobilization. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2008 Dec;41(12):1054-8.
- Doheny MH, Waterfield CJ, Timbrell JA. The effects of the beta 2-agonist drug clenbuterol on taurine levels in heart and other tissues in the rat. Amino Acids. 1998;15(1-2):13-25.
- Shirato K, et al. Beta2-agonist Clen Dosage Cycles induced changes in the distribution of white blood cells in rats. J Pharmacol Sci. 2007 Jun;104(2):146-52. Epub 2007 Jun 8.
- Sato S, et al. Adaptive effects of the beta2-agonist clenbuterol on expression of beta2-adrenoceptor mRNA in rat fast-twitch fiber-rich muscles. J Physiol Sci. 2010 Mar;60(2):119-27. doi: 10.1007/s12576-009-0075-1. Epub 2009 Dec 23.
- Py G, et al. Chronic clenbuterol treatment compromises force production without directly altering skeletal muscle contractile machinery. J Physiol. 2015 Apr 15;593(8):2071-84. doi: 10.1113/jphysiol.2014.287060. Epub 2015 Feb 27.
- Sagoe D, et al. Polypharmacy among anabolic-androgenic steroid users: a descriptive metasynthesis. Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy. 2015 Mar 15;10(1):12. doi: 10.1186/s13011-015-0006-5.
- Knych HK, Mitchell MM, Steinmetz SJ, McKemie DS. Detection, pharmacokinetics and cardiac effects following administration of clenbuterol to exercised horses. Equine Vet J. 2014 May;46(3):380-5. doi: 10.1111/evj.12118. Epub 2013 Sep 3.
- Brett J, Dawson AH, Brown JA. Clen Dosage Cycles: a NSW poisons information centre experience. Med J Aust. 2014 Mar 3;200(4):219-21
- Thevis M, et al. Adverse analytical findings with clenbuterol among U-17 soccer players attributed to food contamination issues. Drug Test Anal. 2013 May;5(5):372-6. doi: 10.1002/dta.1471. Epub 2013 Apr 4.
- Ishimaru Y et al. Single injection of the ?2-adrenergic receptor agonist, Clen Dosage Cycles, into newly hatched chicks alters abdominal fat pad mass in growing birds. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2015 Jan 15;211:9-13. doi: 10.1016/j.ygcen.2014.12.002. Epub 2014 Dec 13.
- Krumbholz A et al. Statistical significance of hair analysis of Clen Dosage Cycles to discriminate therapeutic use from contamination. Drug Test Anal. 2014 Nov-Dec;6(11-12):1108-16. doi: 10.1002/dta.1746. Epub 2014 Nov 11.
- Sato S et al. Intracellular ?2-adrenergic receptor signaling specificity in mouse skeletal muscle in response to single-dose ?2-agonist Clen Dosage Cycles treatment and acute exercise. J Physiol Sci. 2013 May;63(3):211-8. doi: 10.1007/s12576-013-0253-z. Epub 2013 Mar 13.
- Ke Y et al. Acute clenbuterol induces hypotension, atrioventricular block and cardiac asystole in the rabbit. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2013 Mar;13(1):85-90. doi: 10.1007/s12012-012-9185-8.
- Spiller HA1, James KJ, Scholzen S, Borys DJ. et al. A descriptive study of adverse events from clenbuterol misuse and abuse for weight loss and bodybuilding. Subst Abus. 2013;34(3):306-12. doi: 10.1080/08897077.2013.772083.
- Liu Q et al. Identifying lipid metabolism genes in pig liver after Clen Dosage Cycles administration. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2012 Jun 1;4:2605-16.
- Thompson JA et al. Effects of Clen Dosage Cycle administration on serum biochemical, histologic, and echocardiographic measurements of muscle injury in exercising horses. Am J Vet Res. 2012 Jun;73(6):875-83. doi: 10.2460/ajvr.73.6.875.
- Guddat S et al. Clenbuterol – regional food contamination a possible source for inadvertent doping in sports. Drug Test Anal. 2012 Jun;4(6):534-8. doi: 10.1002/dta.1330. Epub 2012 Mar 22.
- Spanou D et al. Clenbuterol favorably remodels neonatal cardiac cells via activation of p38 MAPK signalling pathway. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2012 Dec;53(6):789-95.
- Zhang J, et al. Differential gene expression profile in pig adipose tissue treated with/without Clen Dosage Cycles. BMC Genomics. 2007 Nov 26;8:433.
- Zimmer A.. [Single and multiple applications and metabolite pattern of Clen Dosage Cycle in man (author’s transl)]. Arzneimittelforschung. 1976;26(7a):1446-50.
- Kopitar Z, Zimmer A.. Pharmacokinetics and metabolite pattern of Clen Dosage Cycles in the rat. Arzneimittelforschung. 1976;26(7a):1435-41.