Is it legal to buy Clenbuterol in Canada? The use of Clen as a weight loss supplement in Canada is quite prominent with everyone from bodybuilders to underwear models using it.
However, most individuals are buying it from the United States where it is not a controlled substance and legal to purchase without a prescription.
Clenbuterol in Canada is a prescription medication that is not intended to be used in the human population.
(This is despite the fact that the drug Albuterol has almost identical effects as Clen, but is approved for human use.)
The only source that legally sells Clenbuterol in Canada is veterinarians who are prescribing Ventipulmin Syrup to horses as a bronchodilator.
However, Clenbuterol in Canada is not a scheduled substance in meaning that if you import Clenbuterol in Canada from another country, it is legal to possess. Click here to buy legal Clenbuterol online, without a prescription.
Clenbuterol in Canada
Why are the regulations on Clenbuterol in Canada so strict when Canada also legally allows the similar drug Ephedrine to be purchased over the counter without a prescription?
The public often sees Clenbuterol as an anabolic steroid, and it isn’t.
This happens because the media often talks about it along with other drugs that enhance performance, like anabolic steroids.
It is often used to burn fat by gym-goers, bodybuilders, and athletes, so it has become associated with anabolic agents.
However, Clen’s mechanism of action is very different from steroids.
Because of its ability to help burn fat, this drug is used by both sexes, and more often by women than by men.
It is a stimulant that is also a sympathomimetic, working as a stimulant on the sympathetic nervous system in many ways.
Additional compounds in this category are Albuterol, Ephedrine, and Caffeine, though there are many others.
Clenbuterol works by stimulating the nervous system through the activation of adrenoreceptors.
These are the receptors in your body that respond when you feel a surge of adrenalin as part of your excitement or stress response.
Though stimulants all work with these receptors, they work in different ways, and at different strengths.
The body contains many varieties of adrenoreceptors, and there are many compounds that will react with some adrenoreceptors and not react with others.
For instance, Clenbuterol reacts with beta-adrenoreceptors, since it is a beta-agonist, however, this isn’t the whole story.
Clenbuterol works specifically on Beta-2 receptors meaning it has a much more defined mechanism of action compared to Ephedrine.
In fact, if you compare the effective dosages for these two substances, Clenbuterol is over 100x more concentrated than Ephedrine.
The reason that Ventipulmin Clenbuterol is legal in Canada for horses has to do with the fact that stimulating Beta-2 receptors are observed to open up the airways and bronchial tubes.
This process is known as bronchodilation and it is the same thing that happens when an asthmatic takes a breath on their puffer.
As oxygen is able to get to the lungs more efficiently, this causes airways and nasal passages to be less constricted which starts the body burning more energy.
It can even enhance athletic performance, but not as much as something like Anadrol will.
Clenbuterol can cause serious side effects if used improperly. It is important to adhere to dosage instructions closely to prevent adverse reactions. Follow these steps to use Clen safely. Learn More
Much like an Adrenalin rush, taking Clen causes the cells in your body to start burning more energy at a rapid rate.
This is done so that your muscles are supplied with additional power and you are able to respond quickly as part of the body’s fight or flight reflex.
In the case of Clenbuterol, much of that additional energy being burned gets turned into heat through a process known as thermogenesis.
This occurs when your body’s internal temperature is raised by a few fractions of a degree and it leads to more calories and fat being burned.
In fact, a major part of our metabolic activity goes towards keeping our bodies warm, and if you raise this set temperature even a tiny bit you can make a big difference in how fast you are burning fat.
This is why Clenbuterol cycles are so effective for weight loss.
Where to Buy Clenbuterol In Canada?
The popularity of Clenbuterol in Canada means that it is both widely available and easily accessible online.
It isn’t a scheduled drug in the US, Canada, or many other countries like the UK, so it is legal to possess and use Clenbuterol for personal consumption.
It is, however, not simply available at the drugstore. In Canada, Clenbuterol in Canada may be difficult to buy as a raw research chemical, but you can purchase it in this form from a number of US vendors.
Buying Clenbuterol in Canada in this way means that you do not have to provide a prescription to receive your order, but you also have to be very vigilant about ordering from a high-quality vendor so you do not receive a fake product.
Clenbuterol in Canada specifically of pharmaceutical grade is normally priced between fifty cents and two dollars a tablet.
Pharmaceutical grade Clenbuterol in Canada comes in 20 mcg tablets which is an ideal dosage for properly measuring your Cycle schedule.
- FCKFAT.com. Clenbuterol – Dosage Cycles, Side Effects and Results FCK FAT. 2015 June.
- Chance WT et al. Clenbuterol decreases catabolism and increases hypermetabolism in burned rats. J Trauma. 1991 Mar;31(3):365-70.
- Reeds PJ, Hay SM, Dorwood PM, Palmer RM. Stimulation of muscle growth by clenbuterol: lack of effect on muscle protein biosynthesis. Br J Nutr. 1986 Jul;56(1):249-58.
- McElligott MA, Mulder JE, Chaung LY, Barreto A Jr. et al. Clenbuterol-induced muscle growth: investigation of possible mediation by insulin. Am J Physiol. 1987 Oct;253(4 Pt 1):E370-5.
- McMillan DN, Noble BS, Maltin CA. et al. The effect of the beta-adrenergic agonist clenbuterol on growth and protein metabolism in rat muscle cell cultures. J Anim Sci. 1992 Oct;70(10):3014-23.
- Parr MK et al. Clenbuterol marketed as dietary supplement. Biomed Chromatogr. 2008 Mar;22(3):298-300.
- Hulot F1, Ouhayoun J, Manoucheri M. Effect of clenbuterol on productive performance, body composition and muscle biochemistry in the rabbit. Meat Sci. 1996 Apr;42(4):457-64.
- Berge P1, Culioli J, Ouali A, Parat MF. Performance, muscle composition and meat texture in veal calves administered a ?-agonist (clenbuterol). Meat Sci. 1993;33(2):191-206. doi: 10.1016/0309-1740(93)90059-Q.
- Petrou M et al. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9950671 Circulation. 1999 Feb 9;99(5):713-20.
- Chance WT et al. Clenbuterol treatment increases muscle mass and protein content of tumor-bearing rats maintained on total parenteral nutrition. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1991 Sep-Oct;15(5):530-5.
- Delday MI1, Maltin CA. Clenbuterol increases the expression of myogenin but not myoD in immobilized rat muscles. Am J Physiol. 1997 May;272(5 Pt 1):E941-4.
- Fitton AR1, Berry MS, McGregor AD. Preservation of denervated muscle form and function by clenbuterol in a rat model of peripheral nerve injury. J Hand Surg Br. 2001 Aug;26(4):335-46.
- Apseloff G et al. Aminohydroxybutane bisphosphonate and clenbuterol prevent bone changes and retard muscle atrophy respectively in tail-suspended rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1993 Mar;264(3):1071-8.
- Agbenyega ET, Wareham AC. Effect of clenbuterol on skeletal muscle atrophy in mice induced by the glucocorticoid dexamethasone. Comp Biochem Physiol Comp Physiol. 1992 May;102(1):141-5.
- Choo JJ et al. Effects of the beta 2-adrenoceptor agonist, clenbuterol, on muscle atrophy due to food deprivation in the rat. Metabolism. 1990 Jun;39(6):647-50.
- Bardocz S et al. Effect of the beta-adrenoceptor agonist clenbuterol and phytohaemagglutinin on growth, protein synthesis and polyamine metabolism of tissues of the rat. Br J Pharmacol. 1992 Jun;106(2):476-82.
- Petrou M et al. Clenbuterol induces hypertrophy of the latissimus dorsi muscle and heart in the rat with molecular and phenotypic changes. Circulation. 1995 Nov 1;92(9 Suppl):II483-9.
- Chen KD, Alway SE. et al. Clenbuterol reduces soleus muscle fatigue during disuse in aged rats. Muscle Nerve. 2001 Feb;24(2):211-22.
- Carter WJ, Lynch ME. et al. Effect of clenbuterol on recovery of muscle mass and carcass protein content following dietary protein depletion in young and old rats. J Gerontol. 1994 Jul;49(4):B162-8.
- Sillence MN et al. Growth, nitrogen metabolism, and cardiac responses to clenbuterol and ketoclenbuterol in rats and underfed cattle. J Anim Sci. 1993 Nov;71(11):2942-51.
- Sillence MN et al. Manipulation of growth in pigs through treatment of the neonate with clenbuterol and somatotropin. J Anim Sci. 2002 Jul;80(7):1852-62.
- Choo JJ et al. Muscle wasting associated with endotoxemia in the rat: modification by the beta 2-adrenoceptor agonist clenbuterol. Biosci Rep. 1989 Oct;9(5):615-21.
- Carter WJ et al. Effects of clenbuterol on skeletal muscle mass, body composition, and recovery from surgical stress in senescent rats. Metabolism. 1991 Aug;40(8):855-60.
- Dodd SL, Koesterer TJ. Clenbuterol attenuates muscle atrophy and dysfunction in hindlimb-suspended rats. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2002 Jul;73(7):635-9.
- Zeman RJ et al. Clenbuterol, a beta 2-receptor agonist, reduces net bone loss in denervated hindlimbs. Am J Physiol. 1991 Aug;261(2 Pt 1):E285-9.
- Chen KD, Alway SE. et al. A physiological level of clenbuterol does not prevent atrophy or loss of force in skeletal muscle of old rats. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2000 Aug;89(2):606-12.
- Hyltander A, Svaninger G, Lundholm K. et al. The effect of clenbuterol on body composition in spontaneously eating tumour-bearing mice. Biosci Rep. 1993 Dec;13(6):325-31.
- Ung RV, Rouleau P, Guertin PA. et al. Effects of co-administration of clenbuterol and testosterone propionate on skeletal muscle in paraplegic mice. J Neurotrauma. 2010 Jun;27(6):1129-42. doi: 10.1089/neu.2009.1211.
- Lang G, Dernoncourt V, Bisson JF. Negative effect of clenbuterol on physical capacities and neuromuscular control of muscle atrophy in adult rats. Muscle Nerve. 2014 Apr 28. doi: 10.1002/mus.24273.
- Read JR1 et al. Effect of prolonged administration of clenbuterol on airway reactivity and sweating in horses with inflammatory airway disease. Am J Vet Res. 2012 Jan;73(1):140-5. doi: 10.2460/ajvr.73.1.140.
- Hoshino D et al. Clenbuterol, a ?2-adrenergic agonist, reciprocally alters PGC-1 alpha and RIP140 and reduces fatty acid and pyruvate oxidation in rat skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012 Feb 1;302(3):R373-84. doi: 10.1152/ajpregu.00183.2011. Epub 2011 Nov 9.
- Douillard A et al. Calpastatin overexpression in the skeletal muscle of mice prevents clenbuterol-induced muscle hypertrophy and phenotypic shift. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2012 Apr;39(4):364-72. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1681.2012.05677.x.
- Yang YT, McElligott MA. et al. Multiple actions of beta-adrenergic agonists on skeletal muscle and adipose tissue. Biochem J. 1989 Jul 1;261(1):1-10.
- Kuiper HA, et al. Illegal use of beta-adrenergic agonists: European Community. J Anim Sci. 1998 Jan;76(1):195-207.
- Pulce C, et al. Collective human food poisonings by clenbuterol residues in veal liver. Vet Hum Toxicol. 1991 Oct;33(5):480-1.
- Maltin CA, et al. Clenbuterol, a beta-adrenoceptor agonist, increases relative muscle strength in orthopaedic patients. Clin Sci (Lond). 1993 Jun;84(6):651-4.
- Luchowska E, et al. Clenbuterol hydrochloride enhances the production of kynurenic acid in brain cortical slices and glial cultures. Pharmacol Rep. 2008 Jul-Aug;60(4):574-7.
- Kamalakkannan G, et al. Clenbuterol increases lean muscle mass but not endurance in patients with chronic heart failure. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2008 Apr;27(4):457-61. doi: 10.1016/j.healun.2008.01.013.
- Habedank D, Steeg M, Anker SD. Clenbuterol impairs muscle quality and is potentially dangerous. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2008 Aug;27(8):934-5. doi: 10.1016/j.healun.2008.05.002. Epub 2008 Jun 25.
- Zhao Z, Yao T, Qin Y, Yang X, Li J, Li J, Gu X. Clenbuterol Distribution and Residues in Goat Tissues After the Repeated Administration of a Growth-Promoting Dose. J Anal Toxicol. 2015 Apr 23. pii: bkv038.
- Culmsee C, et al. Clenbuterol induces growth factor mRNA, activates astrocytes, and protects rat brain tissue against ischemic damage. Eur J Pharmacol. 1999 Aug 20;379(1):33-45.
- Semkova I, et al. Clenbuterol protects mouse cerebral cortex and rat hippocampus from ischemic damage and attenuates glutamate neurotoxicity in cultured hippocampal neurons by induction of NGF. Brain Res. 1996 Apr 22;717(1-2):44-54.
- Kline WO, et al. Rapamycin inhibits the growth and muscle-sparing effects of clenbuterol HCL. J Appl Physiol. 2007 Feb;102(2):740-7. Epub 2006 Oct 26.
- Nolen-Walston RD1, Moore CM, Barr CA, Tomlinson JE, Boston RC, Soma LR. Effect of long-term oral administration of a low dosage of clenbuterol on body fat percentage in working and nonworking adult horses. Am J Vet Res. 2015 May;76(5):460-6. doi: 10.2460/ajvr.76.5.460.
- Li Y, et al. Clenbuterol upregulates histone demethylase JHDM2a via the beta2-adrenoceptor/cAMP/PKA/p-CREB signaling pathway. Cell Signal. 2012 Dec;24(12):2297-306. doi: 10.1016/j.cellsig.2012.07.010. Epub 2012 Jul 20.
- Baker JG. The selectivity of beta-adrenoceptor agonists at human beta1-, beta2- and beta3-adrenoceptors. Br J Pharmacol. 2010 Jul;160(5):1048-61. doi: 10.1111/j.1476-5381.2010.00754.x./li>
- MacLennan PA, Edwards, RH. Effects of clenbuterol and propranolol on muscle mass. Evidence that clenbuterol stimulates muscle beta-adrenoceptors to induce hypertrophy. Biochem J. 1989 Dec 1; 264(2): 573–579.
- Jiang GL, et al. Randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled trial of clenbuterol in denervated muscle atrophy. ISRN Pharm. 2011;2011:981254. doi: 10.5402/2011/981254. Epub 2011 Aug 15.
- Cancelliero KM, et al. The effect of a low dose of clenbuterol on rat soleus muscle submitted to joint immobilization. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2008 Dec;41(12):1054-8.
- Doheny MH, Waterfield CJ, Timbrell JA. The effects of the beta 2-agonist drug clenbuterol on taurine levels in heart and other tissues in the rat. Amino Acids. 1998;15(1-2):13-25.
- Shirato K, et al. Beta2-agonist clenbuterol induced changes in the distribution of white blood cells in rats. J Pharmacol Sci. 2007 Jun;104(2):146-52. Epub 2007 Jun 8.
- Sato S, et al. Adaptive effects of the beta2-agonist clenbuterol on expression of beta2-adrenoceptor mRNA in rat fast-twitch fiber-rich muscles. J Physiol Sci. 2010 Mar;60(2):119-27. doi: 10.1007/s12576-009-0075-1. Epub 2009 Dec 23.
- Py G, et al. Chronic clenbuterol treatment compromises force production without directly altering skeletal muscle contractile machinery. J Physiol. 2015 Apr 15;593(8):2071-84. doi: 10.1113/jphysiol.2014.287060. Epub 2015 Feb 27.
- Sagoe D, et al. Polypharmacy among anabolic-androgenic steroid users: a descriptive metasynthesis. Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy. 2015 Mar 15;10(1):12. doi: 10.1186/s13011-015-0006-5.
- Knych HK, Mitchell MM, Steinmetz SJ, McKemie DS. Detection, pharmacokinetics and cardiac effects following administration of clenbuterol to exercised horses. Equine Vet J. 2014 May;46(3):380-5. doi: 10.1111/evj.12118. Epub 2013 Sep 3.
- Brett J, Dawson AH, Brown JA. Clenbuterol toxicity: a NSW poisons information centre experience. Med J Aust. 2014 Mar 3;200(4):219-21
- Thevis M, et al. Adverse analytical findings with clenbuterol among U-17 soccer players attributed to food contamination issues. Drug Test Anal. 2013 May;5(5):372-6. doi: 10.1002/dta.1471. Epub 2013 Apr 4.
- Ishimaru Y et al. Single injection of the ?2-adrenergic receptor agonist, clenbuterol, into newly hatched chicks alters abdominal fat pad mass in growing birds. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2015 Jan 15;211:9-13. doi: 10.1016/j.ygcen.2014.12.002. Epub 2014 Dec 13.
- Krumbholz A et al. Statistical significance of hair analysis of clenbuterol to discriminate therapeutic use from contamination. Drug Test Anal. 2014 Nov-Dec;6(11-12):1108-16. doi: 10.1002/dta.1746. Epub 2014 Nov 11.
- Sato S et al. Intracellular ?2-adrenergic receptor signaling specificity in mouse skeletal muscle in response to single-dose ?2-agonist clenbuterol treatment and acute exercise. J Physiol Sci. 2013 May;63(3):211-8. doi: 10.1007/s12576-013-0253-z. Epub 2013 Mar 13.
- Ke Y et al. Acute clenbuterol induces hypotension, atrioventricular block and cardiac asystole in the rabbit. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2013 Mar;13(1):85-90. doi: 10.1007/s12012-012-9185-8.
- Spiller HA1, James KJ, Scholzen S, Borys DJ. et al. A descriptive study of adverse events from clenbuterol misuse and abuse for weight loss and bodybuilding. Subst Abus. 2013;34(3):306-12. doi: 10.1080/08897077.2013.772083.
- Liu Q et al. Identifying lipid metabolism genes in pig liver after clenbuterol administration. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2012 Jun 1;4:2605-16.
- Thompson JA et al. Effects of clenbuterol administration on serum biochemical, histologic, and echocardiographic measurements of muscle injury in exercising horses. Am J Vet Res. 2012 Jun;73(6):875-83. doi: 10.2460/ajvr.73.6.875.
- Guddat S et al. Clenbuterol – regional food contamination a possible source for inadvertent doping in sports. Drug Test Anal. 2012 Jun;4(6):534-8. doi: 10.1002/dta.1330. Epub 2012 Mar 22.
- Spanou D et al. Clenbuterol favorably remodels neonatal cardiac cells via activation of p38 MAPK signalling pathway. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2012 Dec;53(6):789-95.
- Zhang J, et al. Differential gene expression profile in pig adipose tissue treated with/without clenbuterol. BMC Genomics. 2007 Nov 26;8:433.
- Zimmer A.. [Single and multiple applications and metabolite pattern of clenbuterol in man (author’s transl)]. Arzneimittelforschung. 1976;26(7a):1446-50.
- Kopitar Z, Zimmer A.. Pharmacokinetics and metabolite pattern of clenbuterol in the rat. Arzneimittelforschung. 1976;26(7a):1435-41.