A FRUITY NO BAKE HEALTHY CHEESECAKE
As a result of misconceptions surrounding healthy living, most folks consider healthy food boring and distasteful – oh how wrong they are!
This does not have to be the case, as well thought out meals can be the change that your menu and your pallet badly need. As a matter of fact, a good diet is not about depriving yourself of all the foods you love but rather having considerable portions of it – portion is often the trigger to helping many people discover a healthy and manageable lifestyle. This goes a long way in helping the body carry out its work effectively.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance to consider carefully what foods you take in. Meal planning helps you to shop only for what you need for a particular period while giving you the freedom of incorporating foods that can help keep you fit into your mealtimes.
It is for this reason that I’m going to share with you a simple recipe that is not only healthy but is also delicious – what we call a win-win!
In this article, I’m going to take you through the simple steps you need to follow to make an incredibly delicious cheesecake. The reason I think this is a simple recipe is that it’s doesn’t need any baking!
Yes, you read that right…. Zero Baking Required!
Here are the all-important ingredients –
- 2 Cups of graham crackers (gluten free if possible)
- 3 Tablespoons of sugar
- 6 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 8-ounce cream cheese packages at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ Cup of lemon juice
- Fruit of choice, preferably berries
- Yoghurt (you choose the flavor, however vanilla is always a winner in my book)
Something extra –
If you’re looking to add something a little extra to your cheesecake, there are a few healthy options that are packed energy, these are some of my favorites –
- Nuts – these are great for taste, a crunchy texture, and are packed with energy. You can add these once the cheesecake is made and set.
- Maple Syrup – The good thing about a quality maple syrup is that you’re only adding natural sugar to your cheesecake. Like the nuts, you can add this once the cheesecake is set.
- Chocolate Chips – Arguably, these aren’t overly healthy, but they do add a great taste if you’re craving some sugar and need energy “picks me-up”.
Ok, so you’ve got your ingredients in front of you, now here comes the fun part –
Preparing the No-Bake Healthy Cheesecake
- Take the crackers and put them in a large plastic bag then take a rolling pin and go over it until the crackers are finely crushed.
- Take a clean bowl and put the sugar and butter in with the crumbs then mix it up with your hands thoroughly.
- When ready, place the mixture onto a spring form pan then place it in your freezer for at least 1.5 hours.
- Next, take a big mixing bowl and put in the cheese. Take your mixer and whip the cream while adding the honey, vanilla extract and yogurt until it is well mixed.
- Take out your spring form pan from the freezer and spread your cheese mixture evenly onto the graham crust then place it back in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours so that it becomes firm.
- In the meantime, wash and slice your berries.
- When the wait time is over, take out the cheesecake from the freezer and carefully remove it from the pan. Place it on a cake stand and add your fresh berries as toppings.
- Serve it immediately!
More fruits can be added to each slice of cheesecake serving – as much as you want in fact.
This is a simple dessert meal or snack that takes very little time to prepare and can even be a fun activity for the kids if you want to introduce a little fun into some healthy food learning.
More importantly, with this dish, you can show off your culinary skills when you have guests over by adding versatile toppings to your cheesecake.
Why I Recommend This Cheesecake
Obviously, I’m going to recommend this cheesecake, not just because I’ve made it, but also because it’s delicious and I’m not just going to add anything to this site.
When you focus is on training hard in the gym each day, lifting weights to get ripped, or working out to add lean muscle for size and mass, your nutrition can sometimes take a backseat. We all can find it difficult to find time to prepare food that we enjoy that will also act as a good source of energy for our healthy and active lifestyles.
Here are a few reasons why I’d recommend giving this no-bake cheesecake ago –
- It’s a good source of energy.
- It’s a quick snack to make.
- The ingredients are affordable and can be easily found in your pantry.
- You get to decide the final outcome with your own choice of topping.
When it’s all said and done only you have the power to make healthy living a habit, and you can begin that journey with this sweet delicacy. After all, it must start with a single step.
Being healthy is a lifestyle choice and not a one-off thing that you do, but who said being healthy and eating good well-prepared food couldn’t go together?? Taking a little time to plan your food is all it takes to make a huge difference to your healthy lifestyle.
Go ahead and try it. You can thank me later. (Lisa Rey)