Produced by Organon, Sustanon 250 is a popular anabolic which contains a distinctive blend of four Testosterone esters, delivering a unique, staggered release of the hormone after injection. Our Sustanon 250 cycle guide takes a closer look at this renowned Testosterone blend, including popular cycles and stacks.
The first, crucial thing to understand about Sustanon 250 is it’s simply a Testosterone blend.
In the same way, Testosterone propionate and Testosterone enanthate both deliver the same identical anabolic hormone – Testosterone; the same is true for Sustanon 250. When you inject Sustanon 250 (often abbreviated to “Sust”) the anabolic hormone you are injecting is Testosterone.
It is therefore an excellent steroid for increasing muscle mass, strength and power.
Sustanon 250 cycle’s unique property when compared to the likes of Testosterone propionate or enanthate is the fact it is a blend of four different esters, as opposed to just one.
“Ester”, what’s that and why does it matter?
- 1 “Ester”, what’s that and why does it matter?
- 2 Sustanon 250 Cycle Results To Expect
- 3 Sustanon 250 Cycles With Dosage And Stacks
- 4 Sustanon 250 Cycle For Beginners
- 5 Sustanon 250 Cycle With Deca Durabolin And Dianabol
- 6 Sustanon 250 Cycle For Cutting (with Anastrozole to prevent water retention)
- 7 Sustanon 250 Cycle With Trenbolone
- 8 Sustanon 250 Side Effects
- 9 References
- 10 Jonathan Deventer
As explained in our Testosterone guide, an ester is a carbon chain attached to the Testosterone molecule which slows the release of the hormone in the body.
At one end of the spectrum is Testosterone with no esters attached, such as Testosterone suspension. Once injected, the hormone is quickly released in the body and causes a fairly rapid spike of Testosterone, which remains elevated for only a short period of time.
On the other end of the spectrum, we have the likes of Testosterone enanthate and cypionate which contain long ester chains, resulting in a slower release of Testosterone after injection and subsequently an elevated level of the hormone lasting a couple of weeks.
In-between the two we have the various other esters. The propionate ester is a popular choice for Testosterone users who want a fairly quick elevation of the steroid which lasts only several days.
For bodybuilders and athletes, the important thing to note is the need to keep a relatively stable concentration of the hormone in the system to produce the desired anabolic-androgenic benefits, yet avoid the undesirable side effects caused by chaotic hormone levels. For this reason, shorter esters require regular injections (daily or every other day), whereas longer esters such as enanthate typically only require injections once or twice a week.
This is where Sustanon 250 cycle is unique. It contains both quick releasing propionate and phenylpropionate esters, and slower releasing decanoate and isocaproate esters – resulting in a blend that effectively produces a quick, yet enduring release of Testosterone. Like Testosterone enanthate, Sustanon 250 can be injected once or twice per week, yet users will notice the quicker Testosterone release brought about by the propionate and phenylpropionate esters in the blend.
It is always advisable to go with the original Organon product (which is pharmaceutical grade) and avoid underground versions which try to mimic the Sustanon blend. Sustanon 250 cycle is usually fairly easy and inexpensive to source.
Each ampule contains 250mg of Testosterone, composed as follows; 100mg of Testosterone decanoate, 60mg of Testosterone Isocaproate, 60mg of Testosterone phenylpropionate and 30mg of Testosterone propionate.
Sustanon 250 Cycle Results To Expect
Being the primary, naturally occurring male hormone, Testosterone is numero-uno in the world of anabolic-androgenic steroids. It is generally well-tolerated and is widely considered the best choice for someone’s first cycle, as well as providing the perfect base compound for experienced bodybuilders when stacking several hormones together.
While results vary from person to person and depend on a whole host of other variables, we can reasonably expect Testosterone to cause significant increases in muscle size and strength. Those who are fairly new to anabolics and aim to gain muscle mass typically report Sustanon 250 cycles producing 10-20lbs of weight gain over the course of a cycle and about half of it is kept once the cycle is ceased and water retention normalises.
For those who have already tried other Testosterone esters, there should in theory be little difference between them and Sustanon 250. This is something to keep in mind for those who have discovered they are prone to side effects from previous Testosterone cycles, as Sustanon 250 cycle is likely to prove no different.
Sustanon 250 Cycles With Dosage And Stacks
Like Testosterone enanthate, Sustanon 250 cycle is typically used during the bulking cycle where maximum muscle gain is the goal. Great results can be achieved from running Sustanon on its own, yet many choose to stack it with other steroids which are also suited for adding mass, such as Dianabol.
Sustanon 250 cycle is also effective, either on its own or stacked with other compounds, for cutting cycles. The goal for most athletes and bodybuilders during a cutting cycle is body fat reduction whilst retaining as much muscle mass as possible in the catabolic environment brought about by dieting. A moderate dose of Sustanon 250 will successfully preserve lean tissue during a cut and is often stacked with other compounds which aid fat loss and muscle hardening. Additionally, when using Sustanon 250 cycle for cutting, the use of an anti-aromatase in low doses can prove particularly useful for preventing water retention.
For informational purposes, here are some ideas for Sustanon 250 cycles and stacks:
Sustanon 250 Cycle For Beginners
|Week 1||500mg (per week)|
|Week 2||500mg (per week)|
|Week 3||500mg (per week)|
|Week 4||500mg (per week)|
|Week 5||500mg (per week)|
|Week 6||500mg (per week)|
|Week 7||500mg (per week)|
|Week 8||500mg (per week)|
|Week 9||500mg (per week)|
|Week 10||500mg (per week)|
|Week 11||500mg (per week)|
|Week 12||500mg (per week)|
Sustanon 250 Cycle With Deca Durabolin And Dianabol
|Sustanon 250||Deca Durabolin||Dianabol|
|Week 1||500mg (per week)||400mg (per week)||40mg (per day)|
|Week 2||500mg (per week)||400mg (per week)||40mg (per day)|
|Week 3||500mg (per week)||400mg (per week)||40mg (per day)|
|Week 4||500mg (per week)||400mg (per week)||40mg (per day)|
|Week 5||500mg (per week)||400mg (per week)||40mg (per day)|
|Week 6||500mg (per week)||400mg (per week)||40mg (per day)|
|Week 7||500mg (per week)||400mg (per week)|
|Week 8||500mg (per week)||400mg (per week)|
|Week 9||500mg (per week)||400mg (per week)|
|Week 10||500mg (per week)||400mg (per week)|
|Week 11||500mg (per week)||400mg (per week)|
|Week 12||500mg (per week)||400mg (per week)|
Sustanon 250 Cycle For Cutting (with Anastrozole to prevent water retention)
|Week 1||350mg (per week*)||0.5mg (each other day)|
|Week 2||350mg (per week)||0.5mg (each other day)|
|Week 3||350mg (per week)||0.5mg (each other day)|
|Week 4||350mg (per week)||0.5mg (each other day)|
|Week 5||350mg (per week)||0.5mg (each other day)|
|Week 6||350mg (per week)||0.5mg (each other day)|
|Week 7||350mg (per week)||0.5mg (each other day)|
|Week 8||350mg (per week)||0.5mg (each other day)|
|Week 9||350mg (per week)||0.5mg (each other day)|
|Week 10||350mg (per week)||0.5mg (each other day)|
|Week 11||350mg (per week)||0.5mg (each other day)|
|Week 12||350mg (per week)||0.5mg (each other day)|
* Equal to pinning 250mg every 5 days
Sustanon 250 Cycle With Trenbolone
|Week 1||500mg (per week)||500mg (per week)|
|Week 2||500mg (per week)||500mg (per week)|
|Week 3||500mg (per week)||500mg (per week)|
|Week 4||500mg (per week)||500mg (per week)|
|Week 5||500mg (per week)||500mg (per week)|
|Week 6||500mg (per week)||500mg (per week)|
|Week 7||500mg (per week)||500mg (per week)|
|Week 8||500mg (per week)||500mg (per week)|
|Week 9||500mg (per week)||500mg (per week)|
|Week 10||500mg (per week)||500mg (per week)|
|Week 11||500mg (per week)||500mg (per week)|
|Week 12||500mg (per week)||500mg (per week)|
Sustanon 250 Side Effects
As with the other Testosterone products, Sustanon 250 cycle can produce several undesirable side effects.
Firstly, androgenic related side effects including oily skin, acne, accelerated baldness and increased aggressiveness are fairly common. Like all hormones, tolerance differs from person to person and it’s usually only possible to properly gauge sensitivity once a cycle is embarked upon. That said, if you are particularly prone to acne breakouts or currently suffer from male pattern baldness, Testosterone and other androgenic steroids can be expected to worsen such conditions.
Another potential source of unwanted side effects is the heightened oestrogen levels that can build up during a Sustanon 250 cycle due to the aromatization of testosterone into oestrogens. Heightened oestrogen levels can cause increased water retention and Gynecomastia – the formation of breast tissue.
The initial stages of Gynecomastia typically involve itchy or sore nipples, developing into a notable mass of tissue behind (or close to behind) the nipple. If left unchecked the tissue can continue to build and is only rectifiable with surgery.
Thankfully most people find Testosterone tolerable and do not suffer from the likes of Gynecomastia. For those that do, the oestrogen related side effects can usually be controlled with either an anti-oestrogen or anti-aromatase.
Anti-oestrogen products (such as Nolvadex and Clomid) actively compete with oestrogen at the oestrogen receptors, reducing oestrogenic effects. Both Nolvadex and Clomid are inexpensive and easy to source – it’s always advisable to have an ample supply on hand during and after a cycle. They are also the primary drugs used during Post Cycle Therapy (PCT).
While anti-oestrogens may negate the effects of increased oestrogen, it is possible to actually reduce the level of the hormone in the body by taking an anti-aromatase drug, such as Proviron or Anastrozole. These drugs reduce the conversion of testosterone into oestrogen in the first place and are typically taken during a cycle by those who are prone to oestrogenic side effects.
At the end of any cycle always ensure you run a proper Post Cycle Therapy to help restore your natural hormone production which will have been suppressed.
- Meyer P. [Testosterone therapy in female hypoactive sexual desire disorder]. Rev Med Suisse. 2016 Mar 16;12(510):540-3. Review. French.
- Jordan K et al . The role of testosterone in sexuality and paraphilia–a neurobiological approach. Part I: testosterone and sexuality. J Sex Med. 2011 Nov;8(11):2993-3007. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2011.02394.x. Epub 2011 Aug 2. Review.
- Neto WK et al . Effects of testosterone on lean mass gain in elderly men: systematic review with meta-analysis of controlled and randomized studies. Age (Dordr). 2015 Feb;37(1):9742. doi: 10.1007/s11357-014-9742-0. Epub 2015 Feb 1. Review.
- Rove KO et al . Role of testosterone in managing advanced prostate cancer. Urology. 2012 Oct;80(4):754-62. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2012.05.006. Epub 2012 Jul 13. Review.
- Kovac JR et al . Current state of practice regarding testosterone supplementation therapy in men with prostate cancer. Steroids. 2014 Nov;89:27-32. doi: 10.1016/j.steroids.2014.07.004. Epub 2014 Jul 27. Review.
- Kovac JR et al . Testosterone supplementation therapy in the treatment of patients with metabolic syndrome. Postgrad Med. 2014 Nov;126(7):149-56. doi: 10.3810/pgm.2014.11.2843. Review. Erratum in: Postgrad Med. 2015 Jan;127(1):117. Kovac, Jason [corrected to Kovac, Jason R].
- Ullah MI et al . Transdermal testosterone replacement therapy in men. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2014 Jan 9;8:101-12. doi: 10.2147/DDDT.S43475. eCollection 2014 Jan 9. Review.
- Pomara C et al . Neurotoxicity by synthetic androgen steroids: oxidative stress, apoptosis, and neuropathology: A review. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2015 Jan;13(1):132-45. doi: 10.2174/1570159X13666141210221434. Review.
- Valero Rosa J et al . [Current recommendations about the diagnosis and treatment of testosterone deficit syndrome: Clinical guidelines]. Arch Esp Urol. 2013 Sep;66(7):737-44. Review. Spanish.
- Douris N et al. Beta-adrenergic Receptors are Critical for Weight Loss but not for other Metabolic Adaptations to the Consumption of a Ketogenic Diet in Male Mice. Molecular Metabolism. 2017 Jun 6.
- Schänzer W. Metabolism of anabolic androgenic steroids. Clinical chemistry. 1996 Jul 1;42(7):1001-20.
- Schubert M et al. Osteoporosis in male hypogonadism: responses to androgen substitution differ among men with primary and secondary hypogonadism. Hormone Research in Paediatrics. 2003;60(1):21-8.
- Zgliczynski S et al. Effect of testosterone replacement therapy on lipids and lipoproteins in hypogonadal and elderly men. Atherosclerosis. 1996 Mar 1;121(1):35-43.
- Shapiro J et al. Testosterone and other anabolic steroids as cardiovascular drugs. American journal of therapeutics. 1999 May 1;6(3):167-74.
- Zitzmann M et al. Prostate volume and growth in testosterone-substituted hypogonadal men are dependent on the CAG repeat polymorphism of the androgen receptor gene: a longitudinal pharmacogenetic study. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2003 May 1;88(5):2049-54.
- Bhasin S et al. Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology And Metabolism. 2001 Dec 1;281(6):E1172-81.