Liquid Anavar (Oxandrolone) is one option that bodybuilders have when purchasing this steroid online.
Bodybuilders often wonder if there’s much of a difference between liquid Anavar and tablets, or even injections.
What’s the difference in efficacy and side effects of Anavar liquid over other steroids?
Before considering the use of liquid Anavar, know what it is, how it behaves in the body, and how it can help you achieve (or not) your physical enhancement goals. Click here to visit our recommended supplier.
Anavar is a synthetically developed anabolic androgenic steroid. Also known generically as oxandrolone, Anavar comes in a number of forms:
- liquid (suspension drops)
- injection (pre-mixed liquid form or powders that require mixing with liquid components)
Liquid Anavar (or other oral steroids) suspension drops are intended for oral use. Injection solutions are not!
Liquid forms of anabolic androgenic steroids are often considered the safest way to take such drugs, but it’s always important to remember that every person reacts differently.
At any rate, liquid Anavar is an altered form of the steroid that enhances its ability to pass through the digestive system without becoming relatively useless.
Because oral Anavar tablets or pills must pass through digestive processes, it may not respond as quickly as injection oxandrolone.
Liquid Anavar has a relatively short half-life, peaking at around nine to 10 hours. A person’s height, weight, and body composition may also have an impact on the half-life of the drug, as can milligram strength and dosage.
Half-life is defined as the length of time it takes a drug’s main mechanism of action or activity/potency to be decreased by roughly one half in the bloodstream.
The anabolic potency of Anavar/oxandrolone depends on its form.
Orally, it’s considered a relatively mild steroid commonly found in tablet form in varying dosages that range from 2.5 mg per tablet to 10 mg per tablet.
There is also a difference in both efficacy, dosage recommendations, and potential side effects when a person decides to use liquid Anavar for an injection.
Do use caution, as some oral forms of Anavar are exclusively intended for absorption as a suspension drop through the mucous lining under the tongue and not for injection.
Anavar liquid can cause side effects that are typical of any anabolic androgenic steroid and are not always dosage dependent.
Of course, the higher the dosage, the increased risk of side effects and adverse reactions. Not everyone experiences side effects but knows what to watch for.
Anavar is not known to aromatize or convert from testosterone to estrogen.
Therefore, bodybuilders may not have to worry about some of the more common estrogenic side effects associated with anabolic-androgenic steroids such as:
- abdominal bloating
- water retention
- gynecomastia (growth of breast tissue in men)
However, individual reactions and responses to the drug always differ. Because of its mild impact in oral form, liquid Anavar doesn’t tend to cause suppression of natural (endogenous) testosterone.
Still, it can happen, especially when taken in higher doses or combined with other forms of testosterone.
Women often experience virilization or masculine-type side effects with the use of anabolic-androgenic steroids, even in low doses.
When it comes to liquid Anavar, the risk of virilization is reduced, but again, can happen. Some signs to watch for:
- Growth of hair on the face or unnatural parts of the body (hirsutism)
- Smaller breasts
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Cessation of menstrual cycle (amenorrhea)
- Deeper voice
- Enlarged clitoris (clitoromegaly)
Some of the above symptoms for women can be irreversible, even when liquid Anavar is discontinued immediately at the first signs of trouble.
Also be aware that any use of anabolic androgenic steroids can negatively impact reproductive functions and include, in addition to the above, low bone mass or density.
An interesting study (“Women and anabolic steroids: an analysis of a dozen users.” ), concluded that female anabolic androgenic steroid users are at an increased risk for:
- Development of a psychiatric illness diagnosis (depression, anxiety, etc.)
- Substance dependence disorders
It has also been noted that nearly one-quarter of 500 anabolic-androgenic steroid users became dependent on the steroids. The report concluded that such dependence is also associated with increased major depressive disorders and anxiety.
Just because liquid Anavar is considered a relatively gentle anabolic androgenic steroid doesn’t mean that it’s harmless.
Always use caution. Start Anavar for women at the lowest dosage recommendation to see how the body reacts to it.
Men wishing to use liquid Anavar are recommended to take anywhere between 50 mg and 80 mg a day.
Women using liquid Anavar may find benefits at a relatively low dose of 10 mg a day, although some may increase the dosage to 20 mg a day.
Be aware that it may take up to eight weeks to see the benefits of use.
A variety of bodybuilding websites recommend using liquid Anavar toward the end of a bulking cycle, which will help to preserve gains in lean muscle mass.
- Lu PW. Combined therapy with growth hormone and oxandrolone in adolescent girls with Turner syndrome. J Paediatr Child Health. 1993 Feb.
- Rosenfeld RG. Three-year results of a randomized prospective trial of methionyl human growth hormone and oxandrolone in Turner syndrome. J Pediatr. 1988 Aug.
- Demling RH. Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, significantly increases the rate of weight gain in the recovery phase after major burns. J Trauma. 1997 Jul.
- Rzeppa S. Analysis of sulfate metabolites of the doping agents oxandrolone and danazol using high performance liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016 Sep 1.
- Rosenfeld RG. Six-year results of a randomized, prospective trial of human growth hormone and oxandrolone in Turner syndrome. J Pediatr. 1992 Jul.
- Bianchi V. Neuroregenerative Effect of Oxandrolone: A Case Report. Am J Case Rep. 2015 Oct 27.
- Demling RH. The rate of restoration of body weight after burn injury, using the anabolic agent oxandrolone, is not age dependent. Burns. 2001 Feb.