If you’re considering HGH supplements or even growth hormone therapy, know the facts: what it is, how it functions in the body, and potential HGH side effects.
Growth hormone has a huge impact on our bodies. Manufactured in the pituitary gland, human growth hormone regulates not only growth but highly synchronized gland functions that are also influenced by other hormones.
While growth hormone is most often associated with growth spurts in adolescence, it’s also prevalent in a number of aging processes such as a decline in muscle mass along with a gradual increase in fat tissue. Click here to buy HGH online now.
HGH Side Effects On Men
Growth hormone produced by the body as well as exogenous growth hormone synthetically designed in laboratories and injected into the body, can and does affect the body in a variety of ways. In most cases, the body does manufacture adequate secretions of growth hormone.
Disease processes, hormone imbalances, as well as damage to the pituitary gland, can affect its function in not only producing and secreting growth hormone but in its job of regulating other hormone glands and functions.
In addition to the growth aspect, human growth hormone is also vital for:
- Metabolism of sugars (glucose) in the body. Glucose is a major source of energy for muscle cells.
- Balance of body fluids – the hypothalamus gland, located in the brain close to the pituitary gland, is responsible for maintaining a balance of body fluids and functions of the autonomic nervous system such as heart rate, breathing, and temperature; the body responses we have no control over.
- Body composition Levels of growth hormone tend to increase during adolescent years and then gradually decline by the time we reach our 30s. Normal aging processes cause a decline in metabolism, loss of muscle mass, increased body fat, and decreasing amounts of hormones like estrogen and testosterone.
Declining levels of growth hormone (among others) can all have a huge impact on overall health and wellness. Not everyone experiences HGH side effects or changes in hormone levels at the same time, nor all at once. However, growth hormone deficiencies have been associated with physical and mental decline.
It should be noted that growth hormone therapy is not generally recommended to individuals dealing with normal, age-related decline in hormone production, but to those with damaged pituitary glands or genetic disease processes like Prader-Willie Syndrome and Turner Syndrome. Check out the best HGH supplements here.
HGH Side Effects
HGH side effects mostly depends on the dosage, frequency of dosage, and other factors including age, weight, and lifestyle.
A number of athletes and bodybuilders turn to HGH injections (they are prescription only) to enhance muscle growth and development, stamina, and endurance. Because of the action of HGH benefits in this aspect of physical development, it is considered a performance-enhancing drug and is banned by most athletic and sporting organizations around the world.
An individual with already adequate levels of hormones in the body (including HGH) taking HGH injections can contribute to some HGH side effects. That’s why it is generally recommended that human growth hormone injections or therapy be overseen by a physician.
A number of common HGH side effects include:
- muscle pain (not localized to the injection site)
- nerve pain
- joint pain
- an increase in levels of bad (LDL or low-density lipoprotein cholesterol) that contributes to plaque buildup in the arteries, which increases the risk of heart attack or stroke
- swelling in the extremities, caused by fluid that has become trapped in cell tissues
- numbness in certain areas of the body, localized to the skin
High levels of HGH, especially when combined with anabolic steroids like testosterone or other types of growth hormones like IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor-1, manufactured in the liver following instructions sent through pituitary growth hormone chemical messengers) can lead to a condition called acromegaly. Acromegaly defines a condition where the bones and muscle tissues of the hands, the feet, and the face undergo erratic and accelerated growth, leading to deformity.
What About HGH Pills For Sale?
HGH dietary supplements do not contain growth hormone per se, so HGH side effects. will not be as prevalent a risk when using supplements. Nutritional supplements are designed to boost or enhance the function of the pituitary gland and therefore the manufacture and release of growth hormone. Nevertheless, any drug or dietary supplement can cause side effects.
Because it alters hormone levels that have an effect on glucose as well as metabolism, any HGH dosage should be used cautiously by any individual diagnosed with any form of diabetes or other metabolic disorders.
Consult with your doctor before starting on any nutritional supplement or if you’re even considering HGH for sale, especially if you’ve been diagnosed with a medical condition. This applies whether you’re taking a prescription or other drugs to treat that medical condition.
HGH side effects are generally mild when overseen and supervised by a physician. Unsupervised use can increase the risk of injectable HGH side effects, so always proceed with caution.
Supplementoo has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic researchers from top institutions, and medical associations. We avoid using tertiary references.
- Human growth hormone (HGH) testing. (2018).
- Mayo Clinic Staff. (2016). Human growth hormone (HGH): Does it slow aging?
- Mayo Clinic Staff. (2016). What are the risks of taking the human growth hormone if you don’t need it?
- Velloso CP. (2008). Regulation of muscle mass by growth hormone and IGF-I.
- Human growth hormone is a prescription-only drug. If you have a prescription, where to buy HGH is your next question.
- HGH, or human growth hormone, comes in a variety of forms, each with different dosage recommendations.
- Human growth hormone and testosterone, both of which are hormones, are often used in combination by bodybuilders and athletes wishing to not only accelerate muscle mass games, but strength, stamina, endurance, and performance.