Bodybuilders often stack different kinds of anabolic androgenic steroids, but what about combining Equipoise and testosterone?
Is it a stack that provides benefits without drastically increasing the potential for side effects?
Stacking two forms of anabolic androgenic steroids together can increase the risk for side effects.
To decrease this risk, other drugs are often incorporated into a drug routine for cycle use.
Equipoise Test Cycle For Beginners
Bodybuilders can find Equipoise and testosterone in a variety of brand and generic products in injectable form.
Bodybuilders combining the two steroids are not uncommon, but it is not generally recommended for beginners.
When combining testosterone and Equipoise together, bodybuilders often tend to also include an aromatase inhibitor in their stack to aid in the reduction of the potential for estrogenic side effects.
The most common estrogenic side effects in men using anabolic androgenic steroids include:
- Potential for swelling around the breast or growth of breast tissue (gynecomastia)
- Water retention. This water retention surrounds cellular structures and muscle tissue fibers. While this can increase the appearance of muscle bulk and mass and overall physique, the such appearance will gradually decline when the drug is discontinued.
- Abdominal bloating – a distended abdomen is also caused by water retention or fluid buildup in the abdominal cavity.
While bodybuilders perceive that when used in a dose that stays under 400 mg a week, the estrogenic effects of testosterone don’t generally make themselves known.
Be aware that every individual may react differently when it comes to combining Equipoise and testosterone together.
Equipoise Only Cycle
Bodybuilders using testosterone, depending on its ester, often look for the “best” combination when it comes to dosage, but again, results are independent.
Equipoise & Test Cycle Dosage
One of the most common esters for testosterone and Equipoise usage is testosterone cypionate. Testosterone cypionate is often taken in a dose of 400 mg per week for the length of the cycle.
What is Testosterone enanthate used for? Just like other testosterone esters, it’s used to increase hormone levels in the body.
A common Equipoise and testosterone cycle may also incorporate an aromatase inhibitor into the routine.
On a weekly average, 15 mg of Arimidex divided into equal dosages throughout the week may prove adequate in reducing the potential for negative estrogenic side effects.
What Is Equipoise Steroid?
Synthetic anabolic androgenic steroids are laboratory-created versions of testosterone.
Drugs like Equipoise or Stenbolone mimic the effects of testosterone and can promote muscle growth, strength, physique, and libido.
Equipoise is a veterinary-grade steroid known by its chemical name – boldenone undecylenate.
What is Boldenone used for? It creates the same anabolic tendencies as testosterone, but with half the androgenic effect. It’s this decline in its androgenic/estrogenic activity that makes Equipoise popular with bodybuilders.
The potential for estrogenic activities increases with the potency of the androgens found in a number of synthetic androgenic anabolic steroids.
Androgens are hormones in the body that promote the development of male sex characteristics.
The same is true of women; women manufacture small amounts of testosterone to counterbalance estrogen, the primary female hormone.
Equipoise and testosterone each contribute to a number of side effects. It stands to reason that combining the two can increase the risk of side effects.
Be aware of how each drug incorporated into a cycle or stack behaves on its own, including any anti-estrogens or aromatase inhibitors, liver protectants, and growth factors used.
Anabolic androgenic steroids, which generally apply to all synthetic forms of testosterone, are known to contribute to common side effects. Other serious effects are also experienced.
Common side effects of steroids are mentioned above: gynecomastia, water retention, and abdominal bloating.
Other side effects include but are not limited to:
Disruption of serum lipid levels in the body. Cholesterol levels must be carefully balanced to protect the blood vessels and overall cardiovascular function.
Anabolic androgenic steroids have a negative influence on these levels and can increase the risk of atherosclerosis or the build-up of plaque inside the arteries. This narrows the blood vessels and increases the potential for heart attack or stroke.
Changes in behavior, mood, and attitude. Bodybuilders are aware of “roid rage” but nobody believes it will happen to them.
Increased studies have determined that the use of anabolic androgenic steroids does cause cognitive and psychological changes in the brain.
Suppression of natural testosterone. This suppression (because the body senses that levels are adequate due to the exogenous delivery of testosterone) can contribute to testicular atrophy or shrinkage.
This in turn has a negative impact on sperm production, quality, and potential fertility.
Use discretion and common sense when combining Equipoise and testosterone. Sometimes what you expect may not be what you get.
- Oda SS et al . Adverse effects of the anabolic steroid, boldenone undecylenate, on reproductive functions of male rabbits. Int J Exp Pathol. 2012 Jun;93(3):172-8. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2613.2012.00814.x.
- Tousson E et al . Physiological and biochemical changes after boldenone injection in adult rabbits. Toxicol Ind Health. 2016 Jan;32(1):177-82. doi: 10.1177/0748233713501365. Epub 2013 Sep 30.
- Alm-Eldeen A et al . Deterioration of glomerular endothelial surface layer and the alteration in the renal function after a growth promoter boldenone injection in rabbits. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2012 May;31(5):465-72. doi: 10.1177/0960327111420745. Epub 2011 Aug 30.
- Ferretti G et al . Excretion profile of boldenone and its metabolites after oral administration to veal calves. Anal Chim Acta. 2007 Apr 25;589(2):269-74. Epub 2007 Mar 12.