Clenbuterol is often used by bodybuilders, like other drugs, in ways in which they were not intended.
Clenbuterol is a sympathomimetic amine. So why is it used? Can it be effective for weight loss or bodybuilding?
Take the time to research. Is it safe? Can it be used to promote results when used in a variety of Clenbuterol stacks?
Because Clenbuterol is often mentioned in bodybuilding circles or for athletic use, dieting, or at the end of the cutting phase, it’s often confused as a component similar to anabolic androgenic steroids.
Clenbuterol Stacks for Bodybuilding
Clenbuterol is a sympathomimetic amine, defined as a bronchodilator.
At its most basic functional description, it has the capability of relaxing smooth muscle tissues of the breathing tubes (bronchus) found inside the lungs.
This is effective in the treatment of certain lung disorders like asthma, COPD, and so forth.
But Clenbuterol can do so much more. As a bronchodilator, it also triggers binding activities to adrenergic receptors.
Not only does Clenbuterol have an impact on autonomic functions such as metabolism, breathing rate, and heart rate, but it also, due to its beta-adrenergic receptor binding capabilities, is involved in the production of energy.
Basically, the components in Clenbuterol initiate the release of adenyl cyclase. Adenyl cyclase is an enzyme that plays a role in energy production or metabolism in the body.
It’s an important component in the conversion of adenosine triphosphate or ATP into cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP), both final aspects in the production of energy and therefore metabolism in the body.
The cAMP also is involved in promoting thermogenic or fat burning effects inside the body.
Because of these capabilities, bodybuilders looking to accelerate fat loss and others looking for accelerated weight loss turn to Clenbuterol, but the truth is that it’s not considered effective in helping a person drop more than a few pounds.
It is less effective for someone who is overweight or obese. Other weight loss drugs are much more efficient in this regard.
In order to achieve beneficial weight loss when using clenbuterol, a person would have to take very high doses, which would increase the potential and severity of side effects.
Clenbuterol stacks are relatively common in bodybuilding circles, especially for post cycle therapy or PCT.
It’s generally stacked with other ingredients at the end of a cycle to drop those last couple of pounds – most effective in a person with an already lean fat to muscle mass ratio.
Average dosage range (in micrograms):
- up to 140 mcg a day for men
- 40 mcg to 120 mcg daily for women
The drug is used in a two-day on/two days off cycle for three weeks and then take three weeks off.
This is just one sample of Clenbuterol stacks, which are often combined with a form of testosterone and other legal steroids that minimize estrogen or progestational side effects of synthetic anabolic steroids and testosterone supplements.
Clenbuterol stacks are also commonly found in combination with other bronchodilators. Why? To increase oxygen intake.
Increased levels of oxygen not only increase energy production but are essential in a number of metabolic processes. The harder a muscle works and the bigger it gets, the more oxygen it needs.
Oxygen is also vital in the recovery of muscles during and after a workout. Demands for oxygen on a working muscle are higher than the demands for oxygen on a resting muscle.
An interesting article (“Oxygen supply to contracting the skeletal muscle at the micro-circulatory level: diffusion versus convection.”) provides an interesting overview of how this process works.
You generally know when your muscles need more oxygen when you begin to feel fatigued or pain.
Blood flow to the muscles is necessary for aerobic energy production as well as to extract toxic byproducts (think lactic acid).
As such, bronchodilators can improve intake of oxygen into the lungs, but for otherwise healthy adults, not significantly more.
For many, the side effects of Clenbuterol misuse more than outweigh its benefits. The same applies to Clenbuterol stacks.
Dangers of misuse of Clen Stack
In addition to the physical effects of Clenbuterol, a number of psychological side effects may also present with overuse and misuse of the drug, especially when Clenbuterol stacks with other anabolic steroids, growth hormones, and even street drugs.
Two cases in point:
- “Recruitment to doping and help seeking behavior of eight female AAS users.” (2016) and another: “Acute Clenbuterol overdose resulting in supraventricular tachycardia and atrial fibrillation.” (2007)
- “A descriptive study of adverse events from Clenbuterol misuse and abuse for weight loss and bodybuilding.” (2013)
Clenbuterol stacks, while seemingly harmless, can and does cause side effects, adverse reactions, and unexpected results for many.
Using any drug other than which it was intended, and at higher than recommended dosage rates, coupled with long-term use (which defines using the drug longer than medically recommended, not necessarily implying months or years) can provoke unexpected and undesired results.
Crazy Bulk Clenbutrol
- 100% legal with no prescription required
- Rapidly burns fat for a ripped physique
- Improve muscle to body fat ratio
- Enhance your stamina and energy levels
- Free international shipping and money back guarantee
- Must be cycled on and off
- Stimulant-like side effects at high doses
- Can cause insomnia if taken at night
- Only available online
- Cao H. Coupling purification and in situ immobilization process of monoclonal antibodies to clenbuterol for immunosensor application. Anal Biochem. 2015 May 1.
- Giordani L. Î²2-Agonist clenbuterol hinders human monocyte differentiation into dendritic cells. Exp Cell Res. 2015 Dec 10.
- Lara-Pezzi E. A gene expression profile of the myocardial response to clenbuterol. J Cardiovasc Transl Res. 2009 Jun.
- Xu S. [International comparison APMP. QM-S6: determination of clenbuterol in porcine meat by isotopic dilution mass spectrometry]. Se Pu. 2014 Oct.
- Thompson JA. Clenbuterol toxicosis in three Quarter Horse racehorses after administration of a compounded product. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2011 Sep 15.
- Kim HK. Effect of clenbuterol on apoptosis. J Physiol Biochem. 2010 Sep.