An Anavar Clen cycle combines the anabolic androgenic steroid Anavar (oxandrolone) with Clenbuterol, a sympathomimetic amine that belongs to the drug class of bronchodilators.
More commonly known as “Clen” the drug is often used by bodybuilders to lose weight, improve oxygenation, and boost muscle building capabilities.
While few doubt the potency of anabolic androgenic steroids, nor its use by bodybuilders and athletes, how can an Anavar Clen cycle boost efforts in the gym? More importantly, is it safe? Click here to visit our recommended supplier.
Anavar is an anabolic androgenic steroid developed in a laboratory to mimic the effects of testosterone.
Testosterone is the primary male sex characteristic hormone that can:
- Boost testosterone levels
- Increase synthesis of red blood cells
- Provide anabolic (tissue building) properties while reducing catabolism or cellular/tissue damage and destruction)
- Increase retention of nitrogen in the muscles – nitrogen and oxygen balances in the muscles are essential for not only protein synthesis, but muscle growth and health
- Boost libido
Clenbuterol acts on the sympathetic/autonomic nervous system.
It has involvement (often minimal though basic) on functions over which we have no control. Some of those functions include:
- Heartbeat regulation
- Digestive processes
It’s not the Clen alone and that provides these benefits. It’s the impact that components in Clenbuterol have on these functions.
For example, Clen has some thermogenic properties due to its involvement in energy production and metabolism.
Its main function is as a bronchodilator – a medication that can dilate smooth vessels such as those found in the airways of the lungs.
It can also have an influence on blood vessels. Increased oxygen intake can improve stamina and endurance.
These influences on the sympathetic nervous system can also affect the body in unexpected and undesired ways. Before creating an Anavar Clen cycle, be aware of the potential of each and the side effects of these drugs used alone or together.
Bodybuilders and athletes often look for the fastest, most effective way to improve body physique, endurance, performance, and muscle building potential.
Combining Anavar with Clenbuterol may seem like a good idea, but watch for potential side effects.
Anytime you use a prescription strength drug for non-medical reasons, it’s wise to expect side effects. The same applies to both Anavar (oxandrolone) and Clenbuterol. Both are prescription-strength drugs.
Anavar, as an anabolic androgenic steroid, is a controlled substance, while Clenbuterol is not.
When you come across Anavar Clen cycle dosage suggestions online, they may be too high for you, especially if you’re a beginner. Always start at the lowest possible dosage to see how your body reacts to it.
- In most cases, male bodybuilders can take Anavar daily at 50 mg or higher.
- Clenbuterol used by men often averages 40 mcg a day.
Women wanting to engage in an Anavar Clen cycle may find recommendations averaging:
- Anavar – 10 to 20 mg a day
- Clenbuterol – 20 mcg a day
Experienced bodybuilders recommend that men and women don’t exceed 140 mcg a day.
Clenbuterol is not approved for human use in numerous countries around the world including the United States, though it is still used in veterinary care environments.
Watch For Side Effects
While Anavar is considered a relatively mild steroid among bodybuilders, it can still cause side effects. The same applies to Clenbuterol. Many perceive Clenbuterol as a safe drug. After all, it’s not a controlled substance.
Before beginning an Anavar Clen cycle, be aware of the potential side effects. Watch for them.
Oxandrolone/Anavar side effects. Watch for:
- Milder side effects such as headache, sleeping difficulties, changes in skin condition
- More serious side effects including priapism, testosterone suppression, testicular atrophy
High doses of Clenbuterol can contribute to:
- Jitteriness or shakiness
- A racing heart (accelerated heart rate known as tachycardia)
- An irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
Among the more serious and potentially life-threatening side effects associated with anabolic androgenic steroid use include:
- Potential liver damage
- Possible kidney damage
- Cardiovascular issues including myocardial infarction, hypertrophy, cardiac arrest, and ventricular arrhythmias
Don’t disregard the words ‘possible’ and ‘potential’. Increasing reports of young, otherwise healthy athletes experiencing the detrimental impact of anabolic androgenic steroids have been reported in medical journals and in case studies.
Some of these individuals have dealt with the long term effects of their steroid use.
Increasing studies have proven potential damage to cognitive function.
The same applies to the overuse and misuse of Clenbuterol.
Every person reacts differently. More is not always better.
If you must resort to anabolic androgenic steroid stacks like Anavar Clen cycle use to improve your physique or athletic performance, start at the lowest dosage possible and be patient.
An Anavar Clen cycle can provide benefits, but it can also contribute to long-term damaging effects on the body.
- Bonkovsky HL. A randomized, controlled trial of treatment of alcoholic hepatitis with parenteral nutrition and oxandrolone. I. Short-term effects on liver function. Am J Gastroenterol. 1991 Sep.
- Thomas S. The long-term effect of oxandrolone on hepatic acute phase proteins in severely burned children. J Trauma. 2004 Jan.
- Real DS. Oxandrolone use in adult burn patients. Systematic review and meta-analysis. Acta Cir Bras. 2014.
- Breederveld RS. Recombinant human growth hormone for treating burns and donor sites. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012 Dec 12.
- Guddat S. Synthesis, characterization, and detection of new oxandrolone metabolites as long-term markers in sports drug testing. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2013 Oct.
- Ehnholm C. Effect of oxandrolone treatment on the activity of lipoprotein lipase, hepatic lipase and phospholipase A1 of human postheparin plasma. N Engl J Med. 1975 Jun 19.