An Anavar and test cycle refers to the combination of the anabolic androgenic steroid Oxandrolone (Anavar) with some form of testosterone.
Anavar can be used alongside any number of testosterone drugs or supplements, including Sustanon, Depo-Testosterone, Testosterone Cypionate, or prescription medications like Androgel.
It can also imply usage in a stack where Anavar is one of several components combined in a cycle to produce accelerated and more impressive results in regard to physique and performance.
What are the best ways to stack Anavar with Testosterone and what dosages should be used to achieve optimal results?
Anavar is a synthetic or laboratory-created variation of the male hormone testosterone.
Its chemical name is Oxandrolone. When researching Anavar/oxandrolone, use both terms.
As such, it’s designed to imitate the same effects as “real” testosterone that’s produced in the body.
Testosterone is responsible for, basically defined, “manliness”. That implies:
- muscle growth and potential for size and strength
- bone growth and strength
- leaner muscle-to-fat ratios
- growth of hair on the face or body
- influence on libido
- production of testosterone, sperm maturation, and fertility
Synthetic anabolic androgenic steroids are prescription-only drugs and should be used with medical supervision.
They are classified as Schedule III controlled substances in the U.S. and other designations of controlled substances by numerous governments around the world.
An Anavar and test cycle, like the usage of other synthetic anabolic androgenic steroids, can produce a member of positive benefits for bodybuilders and athletes, but it also has the potential to contribute to rather alarming side effects.
Anavar is only one brand of numerous synthetic anabolic androgenic steroids used in medical situations, but perhaps more prevalently, in non-medical scenarios by competing and non-competitive athletes and bodybuilders.
Anavar enhances anabolism or muscle tissue growth.
Most commonly available in a 10 mg strength tablet, the steroid also has the capability of triggering androgenic (male hormone) characteristics and effects that can increase “maleness”. Women should use it with caution.
In medical scenarios, Anavar was commonly used to slow down weight loss or muscle wasting experienced by individuals dealing with chronic illnesses or infections.
As an androgen receptor, Anavar has an influence on the development and proliferation of cellular development for different types of tissues, including muscle.
It can be difficult to find information regarding the dosage of Anavar that is low enough to produce positive results while at the same time reducing the potential for side effects and adverse reactions.
A number of bodybuilding websites and even images online provide dosage recommendations for creating an Anavar test cycle alone or in a stack-based on-cycle use.
Anavar is reputed to be a relatively mild anabolic androgenic steroid, but even in low doses steroids can disrupt otherwise normal functions of the endocrine, metabolic, and cardiovascular systems.
Be aware of potential dangers before increasing dosages.
An Anavar and test cycle can be developed in a number of ways. It’s all a matter of preference and expectations of the bodybuilder using it. The same applies to milligram strength and dosage.
In medical situations, dosage range anywhere from 2.5 mg to 20 mg a day. The length of use was recommended for two to four weeks.
If positive and beneficial results were not achieved within that time frame, the drug was discontinued due to the potential for side effects.
Women are cautioned to maintain a lower dosage due to its androgenic properties. Ten mg to 20 mg is considered more than adequate to provide faster and desired results.
Bodybuilders may recommend an average of 50 mg a day for men and sometimes even higher. Such a high dose may produce desired results, but also increases the risk of potential side effects.
The higher the dosage and the more substances contained in an Anavar test cycle, the greater the risk for some side effects. Some side effects are minor while others are more serious and can contribute to unpleasant adverse reactions.
Anavar testosterone, despite its reputation of being mild, can increase the potential for liver damage. It can also cause a range of side effects depending on milligram strength and dosage that include:
- Priapism – frequent, often painful, and long-lasting erections
- Water retention – fluid retention throughout the body can cause an increase in weight gain as well as the perception of muscle mass and growth but will decline when the drug is discontinued.
Women should use extreme caution when it comes to anabolic androgenic steroids because many, including Anavar, are rated as Pregnancy Category X. Such drugs have the potential of causing developmental fetal developmental delays and birth defects.
Because medical professionals are unsure how anabolic androgenic steroids may affect the milk of nursing mothers, it should be avoided by women who breast-feeding. Women who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant should not use any steroids.
Before developing an Anavar test cycle, compare options, always keep safety in mind, and start at the lowest dosage possible to see how the body reacts to it.
Information provided by: https://supplementoo.com/
- Reeves PT. FIVE-YEAR OUTCOMES AFTER LONG-TERM OXANDROLONE ADMINISTRATION IN SEVERELY BURNED CHILDREN: A RANDOMIZED CLINICAL TRIAL. Shock. 2016 Apr.
- Demling RH. The anticatabolic and wound healing effects of the testosterone analog oxandrolone after severe burn injury. J Crit Care. 2000 Mar.
- Porro LJ. Five-year outcomes after oxandrolone administration in severely burned children: a randomized clinical trial of safety and efficacy. J Am Coll Surg. 2012 Apr.
- Mavros Y. Oxandrolone Augmentation of Resistance Training in Older Women: A Randomized Trial. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2015 Nov.
- Papadimitriou A. The anabolic steroid oxandrolone increases muscle mass in prepubertal boys with a constitutional delay of growth. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Jun.
- Wolf SE. Improved net protein balance, lean mass, and gene expression changes with oxandrolone treatment in the severely burned. Ann Surg. 2003 Jun.