Table of Contents
Anabol Only Cycle
Does an Anabol only cycle provide benefits when it comes to bodybuilding or enhanced athletic performance? It depends.
Like any drug, other factors come into play. No drug, no matter how great it is more potent, can do all the work by itself.
Anabol, more commonly known as Dianabol or even methandrostenolone, does provide anabolic or tissue-building properties that can:
- accelerate growth of muscle mass
- increase muscle strength
- encourage leaner muscle to fat ratios
- boost testosterone levels
- increase nitrogen retention
At the same time, dosage, frequency of dosage, and other factors can influence the benefits and have a positive or negative impact on expectations.
Exercise and diet are important when looking for optimal benefits. Adequate intake of proteins in calories is required. So too is exercise.
What Is Anabol Only Cycle
An Anabol only cycle does not always imply that Anabol is the only form of synthetically manufactured anabolic androgenic steroid used for a certain period of time.
Cycles refer to an on-again/off-again use of various substances for cutting or bulking phases.
Anabol is most popular as a muscle bulking agent. Anabol also has the potential to inhibit catabolism and increase power.
Anabol mainly targets the functions of the:
- respiratory system
- central nervous system
- circulatory system
All of these organs rely on optimal balances of amino acids, enzymes, proteins, oxygen, and nitrogen.
Be aware that because Anabol can also affect other hormones and metabolic functions, it can also disrupt those functions.
Too much of anything can cause side effects and adverse reactions. The same applies to any drug incorporated into an Anabol only cycle.
Creating an Anabol Only Cycle
An Anabol only cycle doesn’t necessarily mean that the only drug used is Anabol. In fact, bodybuilders often combine Anabol/Dianabol with other steroids including testosterone.
A true Anabol only cycle might last approximately 5 weeks:
- Week 1 through Week 5: Approximately 40 milligrams Anabol/Dianabol daily
That’s it. However, it is often recommended that the end of the cycle incorporate some type of selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) to help the body get back to normal hormone production.
Post Cycle Therapy
Post-cycle therapy may involve the use of drugs such as Clomid to be taken for two to three weeks after discontinuation of the Anabol.
Aromatase inhibitors (one type of SERM) that help reduce estrogen levels are often incorporated into post-cycle therapy.
Clomid is only one of several SERMs used for this purpose. Others include:
- Nolvadex (generic tamoxifen)
- Arimidex (generic anastrozole)
- Femara (generic letrozole)
SERMs are often incorporated into an Anabol only cycle or any anabolic androgenic steroid cycle and are used to decrease aromatization (conversion of testosterone into estrogen) – a common effect of steroids.
Other drugs incorporated into an Anabol-only stack may include reductase inhibitors. Such drugs are known as five-alpha (5?) reductase inhibitors.
This drug class offers some anti-androgenic effects depending on dosage and usage.
A few of the most popular include:
- Proscar (generic finasteride)
- Avodart (generic dustasteride)
- Jalyn (generic dustasteride/tamsulosin)
When developing an Anabol only cycle, take the time to research different combinations used in the cycle. Each drug incorporated into a cycle can contribute to an increased risk of side effects.
Dosage Recommendations for an Anabol Only Cycle
Like other substances incorporated into an Anabol cycle, dosage recommendations also differ.
Anabol/Dianabol is generally found in tablet form ranging from 2.5 mg per tablet to 5 mg per tablet. Depending on geographic location and manufacturer, other dosages may also be found.
Start at the lowest dosage if you’re a beginner. Intermediate and advanced users often increase dosages, but not everyone responds the same way.
Because of the increased risk of side effects, it’s recommended to stay under a 10 mg daily dosage. Even at low doses, Anabol can cause disruption of liver function.
Studies have shown that elevated retention markers of bromosulphalein can contribute to disrupted blood flow, cellular damage, and decreased function in the liver.
Dosage and dosage frequency is often a matter of personal preference. Anabol users can find a number of charts, guidelines, and dosage recommendations for using Anabol, but again, they vary widely.
Always watch for side effects.
Anabol Side Effects
An Anabol only cycle can cause side effects for some. When looking for reliable information, don’t merely rely on only the brand name when it comes to research.
Anabol is commonly known by a number of chemical and generic names in medical research. A few includes:
Of course, there are more chemical, generic, and brand names associated with Anabol, but this gives you a starting point.
Recent research has determined that anabolic androgenic steroids can cause damage to the nervous system, and such damage is not only associated with long-term use. Some of the more serious:
- Neurotoxicity (may cause permanent damage to the brain)
- Kidney damage
- Testicular atrophy
Before beginning an Anabol only cycle, compare benefits against side effects and adverse reactions.
- SerakovskiÄ S. [Effect of methanedienone (methandrostenolone) on energy processes and carbohydrate metabolism in rat liver cells]. Farmakol Toksikol. 1981 Mar-Apr.
- JUNGCK EC. METHANDROSTENOLONE, AN ORAL ANABOLIC AGENT. South Med J. 1964 Aug.
- Kanayama G. Anabolic steroid abuse among teenage girls: an illusory problem? Drug Alcohol Depend. 2007 May 11.
- PETERSEN KE. [Intrahepatic biliary stasis and jaundice during treatment with methyltestosterone and methandrostenolone (Dianabol)]. Ugeskr Laeger. 1963 Mar 22.
- Caraci F. Neurotoxic properties of the anabolic androgenic steroids nandrolone and methandrostenolone in primary neuronal cultures. J Neurosci Res. 2011 Apr.
- Parr MK. Unexpected contribution of cytochrome P450 enzymes CYP11B2 and CYP21, as well as CYP3A4 in xenobiotic androgen elimination – insights from metandienone metabolism. Toxicol Lett. 2012 Sep 18.
- Hagedorn HW. Detection of methandienone (methandrostenolone) and metabolites in horse urine by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr. 1992 Jun 10.